Adding a Counter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Counter?

I have noticed, lately, that few websites are using the old counters (# of hits), however, I would like to know how many times my website (only index.html) has been accessed. It does NOT have to be a visible counter (preferred). Does anybody have any ideas and if this has been posted before could you point me in the right direction. Muchas gracias!
    Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Re: Adding a Counter?

Inside your CP there is one of the best stats programs you will ever find called Awstats. This will give you all the information you could possibly want with regards to visits to your site.

I beg you NOT to put a stat counter on your homepage. They are tacky and give a totaly incorrect recording of true visits as they simply add hits not visits. In other words I could visit your site just once but refresh the page 100 times giving you the incorrect impression that 100 people visited you today!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks -- that is exactly what I wanted! No - I do not intend to put the tacky "look how many hits I have" counter on any of my webpages.
      Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

From my c-panel I can only get info on the visits to one site. I have added another domain. Is it possible to get stats for my second doamina from the c-panel?
        www.dinkdy.info
        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
        www.thegemlovers.com
        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Yes, Vicki- the stats are in awstats for all domains.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi, I discovered this just the other day.

You will find stats for your other sites listed in awstats under 'subdomain stats'.
            Jacque.
            aka Intercessor Prayer
            www.intercessorprayer.net - Intercessor Prayer Network
            www.faithandactiontogether.org - Helping the World's Poor

www.alarmsinspain.com
            Home and Business Security Alarm Systems

'Trust in the Lord with all you heart, lean not on your understanding' Proverbs 3 v5

Comment

where is awstats? is this something that bluevoda downloads once you purchase?

Comment

Hi Fisher,
                Open your Control Panel. Click Web/FTP Stats. You will see it and more options there.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

mmm - i don't have web/ftp stats in the control panel. i have an icon for user accounts and then the next one is windows firewall... wonder where mine is?

Comment

Not the control panel on your pc, lol. You must log in to the Control Panel on your VH server.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

hahahaha - okay thank you!! once i get one, i'll look it up! working on it right now!

Comment

Good. You will love it here.
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X