adding audio files to my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding audio files to my site

Please keep in mind this is my first site and a lot of this don't make sense to me.
    I'm trying to add audio files to my site www.classymarketinggroup.com
    I have the files in blue ftp and check the CP for permissions, I attatched them to my site the same way I attached the PDF file.
    When you click the recorded training button it goes to a blank page.
    I think I need to add a player to the page or something like that can you help.
    One more thing I did add a player to the page with the audio and it seemed as if i needed a player for each audio file so I added 4 player added the files to them, the test page played the same audio on all of the players

hope this makes sense and someone can help
    James

Re: adding audio files to my site

Hi James,

Ok, this is the link you have to your first video

ftp://audio/Building_a_strong_ytb_team.wav

This is entirely wrong.

It should be http://www.classymarketinggroup.com/Building_a_strong_ytb_team.wav

However, this does still not work, so you now need to ensure the name of the file is exactly this 'Building_a_strong_ytb_team.wav'

Make sure you check that you are doing it exactly correct, i.e. look for lower and upper case errors etc.

You upload the files as you do PDF as you say, make sure you upload them via your FTP manager in your BV program rather than any other way though.

You don't need to upload any players. This is not necessary so remove any players.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi jnj...Place Media Player on page .. right click... to properties add mp3 file name...go to html and place the script below ..before head... that will bring up player control...size... autostart true plays when page opens... loop replays mp3... Hope that helps ... Doug
      <embed src="yoursong.mp3"
      width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE

Comment

Oh yeah jnj... Oh my...You'll need the script complete ...so here it is again complete... Doug
        <embed src="yoursong.mp3"
        width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
        </embed>

Comment

Ok I just checked them again I have the 1st and the last audio done.
          I created a folder in bv FTP and named it audio. so i linked the button www.classymarketinggroup.com/audio/name_of_audio_file.
          As you can see it will open a new page the audio does not open.

I would like the audio to open in the same page as the button is in. i did set the target for _self, I think that is correct.

Thanks for you help

Comment

Hi Jnj... I get a 404 at the above address... Just place a Media Player on each page where you want... set up Player correctly... and the audio file always ends mp3... so your site/audio/the song.mp3... should get it... Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Working...
            X