Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt tags and photo gallery in VH

Hi there,
    I'm discovering that since my site is mainly an art gallery, I should add alt tags to my images.
    First: how do I add an Alt tag to an image ?
    Second: can I do this if my images are set up using VH Photo Gallery ?
    here is my site, in case it helps:

Thanks,

Re: alt tags and photo gallery in VH

Yes, when you have added your gallery, double click on it to open up the properties, then highlight each picture and change the title. This will show up as the alt text.

and for single images, it's similar just go into the properties and change the description there in the 'alternate text' field
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The image names are the name of the paintings. This is how I recognize one image from the other in my folders.
      What should I change their names to ?

Comment

You can leave the image names as they are, it's just the descriptions.

For example if one of the paintings was of a fruit bowl then I would title it

Fruit bowl painting ? or Painting of fruit in a bowl ?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Iccaqua,
          I don't know that Marincky meant you had to change the titles from their original name. Just play it straight and remember that the primary purpose of alt tags is to identify the image if someone has an inability to see them for whatever reason. The alt tag tells them what is there. Also search engine spiders do not read images so it is a valuable opportunity to add meaningful text to your page which can help you with your page ranking. If for instance your page is titled Sunsets then a pic with the alt tag pink sunset reinforces the validity of the page.
          Good luck and hope this helps.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Bonjour again,
            The "Alternate text" option is not available when I open the properties window of a photo gallery.
            Where do I go to add this alt text for an image in a photo gallery ?

Comment

Highlight each image in turn and then change the description field at the top. This keeps the image name but adds an alt text for you

Comment

I must be blind or something.
                What you are explaining is available on images that I have added one by one, but in the context of the photo gallery, when I open the Photo gallery properties window, and then highlight the name of the first image in the list, no such option is available.
                Will I have to remove all that I have done using the Photo Gallery tool and start over adding one image at a time ? I hope not (cry,cry)

Comment

My mistake, the bit you need to add the text you want goes in the 'Thumbnail text' field option.

Comment

Do you mean: "Thumbnail title" ? (After this, I should have understood !!!)

Comment

i must be drunk today! YES sorry

Comment

Thanks a million !

Comment

vous êtes très bienvenu

Comment

I read this thread when i saw the VH Photogallery mentioned. Since i'm going to have pic's in my website, i wounder about this:

Is the VH Photo.... any good and are there other galleries that work with the BlueVoda software? Good software and system by the way!!!

Trond Hjertø
                            Moldtustranda AK

Comment

Whoops! Wrong post!
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X