• check sitemap?

Hi,
    can someone check my sitemap?
    it seems a little weird.
    maravillamountain.com
    Thanks
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: check sitemap?

go here http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ and make another one. Should be ok with this one.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, made it (again)...I had used that same program before, but it should be different this time...check?
      thanks

Comment

Nope, I don't think you must be doing this correctly. If you search the forums there are posts on how to create a sitemap.

But basically you use that website I gave you to create it then you save it as a download to your pc. you save it as 'sitemap.xml'

Then go into FTP via the BV tool and drag it into your public_html folder.

Rename your link http://www.maravillamountain.com/sitemap.xml and it should work.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok, that sounds clear...I'm working on it, but forgot my password, so I have to get that first.
          Thank you

Comment

Ok, here I am again, I followed your instructions, now I have something else going on in my sitemap page (it seems more legit?)...
            BUT
            I got an error message when verifying with Google...

"line 3" missing XML tag

how and where do I correct this?
            Thank you (meanwhile I'm going to look in my public_html folder, thinking that I have to insert XML tag in the "sitemap.xml" file. Although I don't know what an XML tag is)

HELP!

Comment

looked at it, but

nope, need help!

thanks

Comment

Ok.. did you copy and paste the xml code to notepad and save as sitemap.xml? And I dont understand what line three missing xml tag means.. has to be more there? did you lose part of the code? Dont copy and paste this to a bv page. Save it in notepad only. And make sure you are uploading it inside the public_html folder and.. if its an addon or subdomain then it also needs to go inside that folder. I think your title should simply be SITEMAP. Thats all i could see on line 3 that could be an error.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,
                  I still don't have the faintest idea of what to do...this stuff is way complex for me! BUT, I'm pretty sure I saved and loaded it correctly (and did not do it to a bv page).
                  The only other information I got besides "line 3 missing XML tag" was:
                  "parent tag: channel Tag: description" and the date I submitted.
                  Can you help me further with this, or do I need to do it over?
                  maravillamountain.com
                  Margo
                  Thanks!

Comment

Margo,

I dont know, but this is how i do it. I go to the site listed above...type in the url, change the frequency to at LEAST monthly, unless you want to up a new site map every day...then i choose the version i want to use, and i dont use the ror one. I suppose you could use it, i use the xml one instead or the text version one. copy and paste to a notepad page, Type in or fix the title tag if necessary, and save it as sitemap.xml

Then in the index page between the head tags... of the site you are doing the sitemap for.... i put in the following information:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Sitemap" href="sitemap.xml" />

or in your case.. the title could be ROR, since you are using the ROR version. This might solve your error on google..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X