headers in my menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers in my menu bar

I am working on the very beginnings of moving my site to voda... so please don't look yet, but I would really like to make a menu bar with headings (shop by category, list categories... shop by brand, list brands, etc.). I cannot figure out how to do that... any ideas?
    thanks!
    -Jamie
    domain, eventually... www.histakes-spelt.com
    Jamie A.
    www.HiStakes-Spelt.com

Re: headers in my menu bar

Jamie,
    You can do anything you want - the headings could be put in using text elements, with a new menu bar under it. Personally, I like using text for links.

If you're at the very beginning of this move - please look at the following and I suggest you figure out how to do this and do it: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html

It's good to see you over here!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks, Beth... good to hear from friends so soon. I'll check it out. I've been reading and watching tutorials like mad. Hope I can keep it all straight.
      Jamie A.
      www.HiStakes-Spelt.com

Comment

Best of luck with your site Jamie. I am with Beth on this one with regards to using text links.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Take your time, Jamie - and feel free to ask questions here on the forum or me (or pm me on the other forum :) ) - and we'll get you going here.

PLAY with the builder as you watch the tutorials. It's amazing how much it'll become fun and old hat as you understand all the things you can do.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

okay - with all this talk about php (which is a completely new concept for me) and bv being new and all...
            I'm going to sum up what I understand and someone please tell me if I'm on the right track?

here goes:

I'm attempting to do the php menu as suggested here by Bethers.

so, I design the menu (using one of the suggested CSS menu design programs or even just using a text box with links - whatever I can decide works?)
            In page properties, I make sure to save it as php extension when it publishes.
            save the file... what are all the folders everyone is talking about? Am I supposed to make different folders to save each page?
            then, I insert the html box (with code) into EACH page that I want the menu to appear? but I put that box (same size as original menu) in the upper left corner of every page?
            Do I save ALL pages with php extensions? what was Beth talking about saving some in php and some in html ... what is the difference? or do I just save the ones where I want to use my menu.php as a php extension. (What is php anyway?) and the others as html?

There are lots of questions here, I hope I am not confusing things more...
            Please straighten me out. I'm sure there will be more questions as I go, but I would appreciate the direction.
            Jamie A.
            www.HiStakes-Spelt.com

Comment

Working...
            X