• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one do you prefer?

This is my existing client's site which I made a while back:

www.steppin-out.co.uk

This is new design I came up with tonight:

I AM ONLY ASKING YOU TO LOOK AT THE HOME PAGE ONLY IN BOTH EXAMPLES. I AM JUST AFTER YOUR VIEWS ON WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD CHANGE THE SITE FROM EXISTING TO NEW SAMPLE. DO YOU THINK IT IS AN IMPROVEMENT, WORSE... WHATEVER, PLEASE DO TELL.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Which one do you prefer?

Hi Ramsey ... I don't know why you want to change it from the original design ... I like the new idea but I love the look and feel of the old one ... it is vibrant and reflects what the website is all about ...
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

oh? That's not what I wanted to hear LOL! Really? You prefer the old one? I didn't like the darkness and the font and the clamminess in the old site myself.

Will be very interested in anyone else's thoughts please as it is a 300 page site and I don't want to change it if it isn't worth it !

Thanks Kym, I appreciate your reply, trully LOL
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ooer! Think you will get a split decision on this one. They both have there own merits & are both very good. I think the new one has a slight edge over the old design. But would change the footer area to blend in with the page or maybe not quite so large or black.

Good luck.
        PS, only a small thing! But to top right image (Fireworks) has been over reduced & is showing the pix square’s .
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have to keep the footer black (long story) but I will try to make it not so big in depth.

I don't see what you do on the firework image? Can you elaborate?

Comment

Hi, around the central area of the image there are about 12 tiny squares where the image has pix elated on over reduction to 2.75kb. I know it will pixelate even more if you stretch the image out to make it bigger, but pull the image out & it will exaggerate the squares & give you an idea on what i am seeing. More than lightly want to aim for about 4 to 5kb on this one.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I much prefer the first one, looks more professional in my opinion.
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Hi Ramsey,

You got got me flicking backwards and forwards and I must admit, I looked at your first site a while ago and thought wow! I think your 2nd site does look really good but for me your first site has that wow factor.

However if you have had the first site a while and it attracts a lot of repeat visitors, i think change is good because it will get them look at pages where perhaps they didn't before...perhaps.

Depends on your reason for change but as for someone who has seen your website for the first time, I think I prefer the first one.

Darren

Comment

I like things about both of them. I prefer the text to not be on a black background - so like that. But I don't like that there is no color to the part of the page on the left and right (for those of use with wide screens) and think it might jazz up the page if you used that blue background still- and that would also offset the white background in the center.

Sorry - but I do think the first has more immediate punch right now - but I think the 2nd could have as much with tweaking - and not hurt my eyes reading it :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Everyone... all points noted and acting upon.

Comment

Hi Ramsey,

I like both but I think I like your first one...It feels jazzy!!!!!!!!
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

they are really cool design, i like they, looks professional.

Comment

Hi Ramsey,

The original page shouts "ENTERTAINMENT" and my feelings on the new "white" look is that it looks to much like a link directory.

Cheers,
                          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi Ramsey,

Think you'll get a split decision here from many of us! The second site is perhaps, for need of a better term, more the perfect page model in terms of clarity but in my opinion the first is edgier and more exciting. I'm sure others might weigh in that clarity and facilitation are more important than emotional impact but it might come down to something like that in your decision - art versus practicality (keeping in mind that the first version functioned very well to begin with).

I think if it were me, I'd keep tweaking the original rather than overhaul but I'm sure whichever route you choose you will make work very well.

Will be interested in seeing which way you go!
                            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thanks everyone again for your comments, much appreciated. Hmmmm really stuck now, too many people like the old site but now my client likes the new... oh well!

It's not really the homepage that was the problem, more the inside pages and the change of the home page was needed to suit what I am going to do inside...

I think I'm gonna go for it, hopefully when it's completed more people will sway to the new... I hope anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X