No announcement yet.

Parent directory showing up, not pages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent directory showing up, not pages!

help please.... I am trying to publish my addon domain which was not built using blue voda... (I am still working on my bluevoda site but have published the index) I created the addon site and the name servers are finally transferred here. Since this site was not created with bluevoda, how do I upload it? I've successfully uploaded the files using the file manager, but when I type in the site address, only the parent directory and list shows up... I've read the help, cruised the forums and viewed the tutorials, but they don't seem to answer this. I did try to add it through the bluevoda builder using the add new html page but they were all jumbled together and the graphics didn't show up. The old website builder has a "publish" button but since my old server supplied it, I don't know how to change any settings.... Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

Re: Parent directory showing up, not pages!

i had same problem
    name the page you want to be your homepage as index
    do not add .html voda will do that

Comment

Originally posted by maxjon
      i had same problem
      name the page you want to be your homepage as index
      do not add .html voda will do that

I did that but the blankety blank OLD site builder also puts html on after, so now I have an index called index.html.html I have removed it several times and tried to upload it all over again, but it still comes up double. Since I'm still working on my original bluevoda site, maybe I should just download the builder again just to publish my index? That way, the two builders shouldn't be fighting! I don't know what else to do....suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by inmem
        I did that but the blankety blank OLD site builder also puts html on after, so now I have an index called index.html.html I have removed it several times and tried to upload it all over again, but it still comes up double. Since I'm still working on my original bluevoda site, maybe I should just download the builder again just to publish my index? That way, the two builders shouldn't be fighting! I don't know what else to do....suggestions?
        Option 1. Rename the index.html.html file directly on the server, don't upload it again. So it will have the correct index.html name.

Option 2. If your old sitebuilder exported the pagefiles in html format in some directory on your computer, before uploading, you simply rename the homepage file in index.html on your computer and then upload the html file to the Vodahost server by using Blue FTP.

Please note that even if your old sitebuilder does't export the files in order to be uoloaded later, during preview it does export the files in html format, usually in some Temp directory. You can browse your computer to find the file and then rename it and upload it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign... it worked! I chose option 1.. and simply renamed it! YeeHaw!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X