Google search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google search

I submitted this in BlueVoda general issues. But I think that was not the right place to submit my problem. Sorry about that. I repeat the question here.

I have Google search on three pages that can search the web as well as my website http://www.mywebsiteworkout.com.
    Every thing works fine. But when I search my website with, e.g., meta tags keywords, I get two returns. The first one is with dot php extension and the second one with dot html.

I used to have dot html files then I changed them to dot php to implement one menu on all my pages.

My question is:

1. When I search my website, does google go and pick up the website inside the search engine. or it goes directly to VodaHost and search my "live/current" website.

If Google picks up page from inside its SE, then my next question is:
    Is there anyway I can get rid of that. How do I go about asking Google to delete previous old old instances.

2. If it is search files on host, that means I have an error in my pages.

Please help.

The error is 404.

Description of the return is:
    Develop your website better - Marketing Guidelines

It is the title, headings, meta tags etc. inside your HTML pages that affect the search. Web style guide explains website layout and design much more deeply ...
    www.mywebsiteworkout.com/website-development.html -

This is an old submit that I did few weeks ago.

Thanks

Doable Personal Finance

Re: Google search

If Google has ever found the page, it is in it's index and will still give it. If you have it still in your cpanel, you need to go to it and do a redirect to the new page. As time passes, you can go in and delete it.

A 404 error is page not found - so if you deleted that page, that's why the error - but as I just said, you can do a redirect for that - or you can just wait. A redirect is better, but if you don't, the old page will eventually die away.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you so much.

Doing some research I found Google lets its customer remove pages.

Thanks for your help. I would redirect it.

I am still in the development mode.
      I can resubmit my website, right? At least the XL site map.

??
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Yes, you can. As for resubmitting the site - you never need to do that - after it's found, they'll be back :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X