Soho Cart On BV built site?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soho Cart On BV built site?...

My site is built with BV and I need a shopping cart. I figured I would use one from Soho, but I am lost over there. Can I use Soho with BV? Am I missing a quality one through BV? Can anyone recommend a good, simple, compatible cart for BV? I only need to sell a few trinkets and t-shirts, so it does not need to be to elaborate, but it's a few too many items for the simple "pay pal" buttons on BV. And please, direct me like i am 3 yrs old, because that's about the level of my computer knowledge. Thank you in advance. -df

187motorsports.com

Re: Soho Cart On BV built site?...

Hi, you can use soho, but would have to create a sub domain in your c panel to put it into. So you shop would end up as www.shop.187motorsports.com
    or something similar. If you go this way? Make sure you select & install it in the sub domain when given the choice, as you will overwrite parts of your other site. Or you can use any other cart & pop it in a new folder/directory on your existing domain.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

To further what Chris has said - your store would no longer look like the rest of your site, also - but would be separate.

You say you only have a few - so why are the paypal buttons hard? Or do you need it to do something those buttons don't do?

You can also look at adding a cart like Mal's E or CartManager - both would require adding code to the existing site though (similar to paypal) but have more robust options. Mal's has a free version. CM has a cost - and if you look at either of the stores in my signature, you'll see CM in action.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Have a look at the 'other cart' section of the forum. Plenty of us are using different carts (some free) with BV we're happy with & that are perfectly compatable. Like Bethers says, check a few of the stores out & see if which style suits you.
        www.dinkdy.info
        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
        www.thegemlovers.com
        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Soho is designed to be a stand alone site builder and ecommerce package. If you only need a few products, the add on carts are the way to go since youve already built in bv.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X