Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've created a font - how do I add it to my site as a freebie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've created a font - how do I add it to my site as a freebie?

Tips, suggestions, ideas to add a font please. Last resort is having people email for the file, if there's a way of linking the file so that people could download from the site is what I'm ideally after.
    www.madinmelbourne.com.au
    the ART of Making A Difference

Re: I've created a font - how do I add it to my site as a freebie?

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
    Tips, suggestions, ideas to add a font please. Last resort is having people email for the file, if there's a way of linking the file so that people could download from the site is what I'm ideally after.

Hi .. I would be interested in seeing the font you have created, good for you ..

You can offer this on your site as a download for your visitors .. I take it is is free so you don't need to worry about any payment, but here is what you do ...

Bundle the font into a folder and zip it, upload the zip file to your directory - public_html if this is the main directory of your account = to upload your file via the ftp method, open your web builder - go to tools, connect to ftp manager - on the left are your computer files - on the right are your directory files - browse on the left to find the zip file, slide it over to the right into the public_html directory (remember you need to click the public_html directory to go inside of this directory) - once you have the zip file into the directory - you then just apply a link on your website ..
    the link would be your domain name followed by the exact name of the zip file .. so if the zip file is called newfont.zip - then it needs to be http://www.urdomain.com/newfont.zip - this way when people click the link the file will be able to download ...

There is a tutorial as well, which I will find and post back in here ...

Oh, and don't forget to let us know when you have it uploaded and ready to download, I would like to check it out ..

I should mention as well, if you do not have the means to create a zip folder, you could just instead upload the font itself - and then use the font name and file extension as the link - instead of newfont.zip - it could be nameoffont.ttf - or whatever it is ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ladyeye... my email address is on my website, if you'd like me to email you the file please contact me thru the site and I'll very gladly email it to you. Glad to know there is a way to do it... I've been going a little crazy trying to work it out. Oh, and without you knowing it, you've helped me out a lot from this forum coaching...... THANKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
        Thanks Ladyeye... my email address is on my website, if you'd like me to email you the file please contact me thru the site and I'll very gladly email it to you. Glad to know there is a way to do it... I've been going a little crazy trying to work it out. Oh, and without you knowing it, you've helped me out a lot from this forum coaching...... THANKS!!!

All great news, and yes, I will email you, would love to have it ..

Here is the link as well to the tutorial .. :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I've received your font .. thank you very much and here it is for all to see ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

are you going to download to your site? Or do we have to email you?
            mrmagoo144
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

working on adding it now, well.. later tonight, following instruction from Ladyeye, and OH YEEHAH it looks like it will!

Comment

OK, the font instructions has worked, however the font hasn't... I followed the instructions for adding to the ftp folder for both, one worked and the other hasn't. Ladyeye, do you mind having a look pls - thanks. So cool how you've added it here - THANKS!

Comment

IT'S DONE... YYYAYYY...

Comment

Working...
                  X