Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantanced Soholaunch Customization

Hi,

I have a few questions on customizing soholaunch features - just wondering if anyone knows the answers so had done it before -

1) In soholaunch forms - can and how could you change the submit button to kick off paypal for a purchase - ? Can I just open the form in dreamweaver and edit the code with soholaunch recognizing it without problems ? (I know about the built-in shopping cart but it has alot of excessive fields which are not needed in my case)

2) In filling out a form (user must login) so their userID is captured somewhere in memory - I would like a hidden field on the form to pickup the userID and store it with the record - Anyone have any ideas on this?

3) In soholaunch search results - I have an image uploading into the table and have the image selected to show on both but it shows the file name in the main search results and shows correctly in the details (when you click on one of the results) - How do I get the image to show (like a thumbnail or something) in the main results screen ?

4) In soholaunch search results - I would like a checkbox or button to add selected results to a cart or a watched list ? (I am trying not to use the build-in shopping cart because it has alot of excessive fields which are not needed in my case - for example results are not paid for - its all free)

If anyone has attempted any of these or can help me out - it is greatly appreciated -

Thanks,
    John

Re: Advantanced Soholaunch Customization

John..

Im not understanding 3/4 of what you described. But I will try.. to assist you here.. You can build pages and add a paypal button if thats what you want.. but if thats all you want.. why use soho to build to start with.. ? Why not dreamweaver as you mention or, bv? You can make an html page with whatever you want and upload it in soho use the custom include icon on the page builder.

2.) In filling out a form user must login.. FALSE.. they dont have to login unless you set it up for them to do so. If you set up the page as a login page, then this is recorded in User Groups. You must first make the group, then add the page in question to be viewed by the GROUP. To have a hidden form pick up the user, you would have to customize a form script, and make a database for the user id that this form depended on to fill this field.

3. I have no idea what you are trying to do with the image, but if you populate your db correctly to display the data, this image shouldnt be the issue. I would assume this image would be linked to a product, so the search results would use this database for the image. Youd have to set that up in user tables and populate, or a run a script to populate it when its used.

4. I dont understand which fields are excessive in the ADD to cart feature, as they dont pay for them until they CHECKOUT, and the store remembers them until they clear the ip/cookies.. so they could leave and come back several times and see the results of their cart. If you are speaking of something like retaining a wish list.. again this would have to be set up with a user db table assigned to this user.

If you arent accustomed to doing your own programming etc, this would cost you to have it done.. and again.. If you have to do all this customizing.. why not use dreamweaver or bv and make your own forms, login pages etc and databases to accomodate this? Or buy and install a CART that does this?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X