I need some help with form actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help with form actions

I am in the process of adding ebooks and such to my website, and some of them I am going to use an opt in form, so I can start an opt-in list, and I have figured out how to add a form with bluevoda and even got it to work.

What I can't seem to figure out is how do I add a form to different pages within my site, and have the forms work? What is confusing me is the action.php.........what I mean is I already created 1 form, and I am confused as to add more using the action.php without it overwriting the one I just created

I hope I am making sense here.

Re: I need some help

Can someone please help me with this, and provide some answers/and/or suggestions?

Comment

Re: I need some help

Don't give up, mom..

There are several knowledgable people here that will most likely check in with you soon. NavalDesign is probably the most knowledgable. I don't know if you can do multiple forms in BV or not, but NavalDesign has written a script that allows multiple forms and is very versatile. Until someone responds; you might want to slide on down to the "Forms" forum, "Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor" subforum. It discusses the script I just mentioned.

Comment

Re: I need some help with form actions

It always helps if you open your question in the correct area of the support forum .. I think this may be your delay ..

I shall move you over to that area ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

mom-

The generic php script provided in the tutorials will process most any form you have. Nothing will be overwritten.

So on one form you have the following data collected;
          Name
          Address
          Phone
          Email

On another form you have this collected:
          Favorite Color
          Favorite Song
          Favorite Actor

Each form had some different data collected. If each forms action is set to action.php the script on that page will collect all the $_POST data and deliver it to the email specified in the script. This all works very well if all the information is going to the same email address. But, it you want form 1 to go to email 1 and form two to go to email 2- then you will have to have a modifided script or----create two different pages to process the form. Ex. would be : action.php and action_2.php with each having a different emial address to send the info to.

Hope that helps.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

What I am still confused on, is this, for each ebook that I will have with a form, they will have different thank you pages (with the download info for that particular ebook), and if I save this page as action.php as the tutorial says, how is this possible without overwriting the previous thank you page I publish?

Am I missing something? Or should I do each one as action.php, action_2.php, action_3.php,and so on?

Comment

Well- you could do it that way but it would be better to create a custom script to do that. Will each form be exactly the same? What are you doing with the info on the form? How many books will you be needing to tie to a form? Could you explain the process you are trying to accomplish and we could best advise you.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Well- you could do it that way but it would be better to create a custom script to do that. Will each form be exactly the same? What are you doing with the info on the form? How many books will you be needing to tie to a form? Could you explain the process you are trying to accomplish and we could best advise you.
                each form will be the same, except I need them to go to the correct thank you page that will direct them the link to download whatever ebook that they fill out the form to download

what I want on the forms is just name, and email address, as I will be attempting to build an opt in list

Comment

How many ebooks are you seting this script up for?

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I am not sure yet as I just started doing this and I do not have alot of time recently to really start working on this, as I have a 4 month old baby girl, and she's taking alot of my time, so I can not answer that question as I really have not started yet.

Comment

If it is simply a handful- then you do as discussed above- and that would be to have a custom script that would allow you have one php script to process the form. On the form, would be a drop down box and the user would select a ebook.

There are two such persons who offer very affordable script writing services to accomplish your task- Watdaflip and Navaldesign.

Click on either of their names to go to contact them to see if they can help you.

Cheers-
                      Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                      X