Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Question

Hello.

I recently had some computer problems and had to reinstall everything, including the Blue Voda software. Now, unlike before, when i try to publish a page it looks like it's trying to publish all of the pages and because of the amount and size of them it always times out and doesn't publish. Does anyone know what I need to do? I would appreciate any help.
    So when ambition turns into a competition I'll never be the better man.

Need a break? Watch my Web Show
    http://whymeshow.com

Re: Issues with Blue Voda Software

Originally posted by WhyMeShow View Post
    Hello.

I recently had some computer problems and had to reinstall everything, including the Blue Voda software. Now, unlike before, when i try to publish a page it looks like it's trying to publish all of the pages and because of the amount and size of them it always times out and doesn't publish. Does anyone know what I need to do? I would appreciate any help.

Hi, I doubt it is trying to upload all of the pages, but if it is, please send me your version, LOL .. it's a feature we all would like ...

You can increase the time out if you go to TOOLS, OPTIONS, PUBLISH
    this may help. It has to do with your own internet connection so beware of times that your connection may be busy, doesn't sounds as though your page is too heavy as you had it published before ..

If you think you need another blue voda install, go ahead, redownload and reinstall Blue Voda .. as you know your files will still be there ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      Hi, I doubt it is trying to upload all of the pages, but if it is, please send me your version, LOL .. it's a feature we all would like ...
      Please send to me too.... Wow just imagine it.... Life would be so much simpler
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

LOL. I agree that it would be good to be able to upload all of the site at once except that it doesn't finish because of the timeout (which i increased to maximum and instead of timing out the program now just spits out a "program is not responding" error after about two minutes. I'm going to try to re-install the program like you suggested. I don't know if it's trying to upload all pages but I know that it is uploading images that aren't on the the page i'm trying to publish because those images show up in my "public" folder before I've even tried to upload the page that they are on. Anyway thanks for the advice..going to try a reinstall now.

Comment

Ok I solved the problem. Apparently when you publish the software put the files in a temp folder and somehow they didn't get removed after my last publish so when I tried to publish a new page it was trying upload everything in that folder. How the new images got in that folder is beyond me but they were there and as soon as i deleted the temp folder everything worked fine. (I didn't realize there was a temp file until I reinstalled and tried to publish again and noticed the file path it was trying to publish)

Comment

So glad you are sorted .. I think this is why:

Five reasons to believe computers are male:

1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.

2. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half
            the time they are the problem.

3. As soon as you commit to one you realize that, if you
            had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better
            model.

4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them
            on.

5. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.

- Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee ... in more ways than one - he he he he he

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Publishing Question

LMAO.. To funny...even being male I agree with that. LMAO. that's great

Comment

Working...
              X