how to delete all the files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to delete all the files

Hello my domain name is www.hamerworld.co.uk, I would like to know if it is possible to delete all the files in the control panel and start again? I would like to use soholaunch. Any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

Re: how to delete all the files

The easiest and fasted way to do that is to use Blue FTP. Click Tools >> FTP Manager. Click Connect, then enter your login information. Click Connect.
    You should now see all your files. You can now select multiple file and delete them in one go.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      The easiest and fasted way to do that is to use Blue FTP. Click Tools >> FTP Manager. Click Connect, then enter your login information. Click Connect.
      You should now see all your files. You can now select multiple file and delete them in one go.
      Sorry, I meant to say the files on the right-hand pane.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

I wouldn't recommend that unless you are totally familiar with all of the files that your directory and file manager contains ... and I am sure Tom will agree with me ...

If you are simply talking about website pages that you created - then I possibly would delete these pages in your ftp manager - if you were certain you would delete only those pages you published, or images that went along with them ...

Your directory also contains operating files ...

If you are not sure what you are deleting it is best to go into your control panel and file manager - delete the pages individually, and images, etc.,
        the reason I say this is because you get a second chance if you mistakenly delete a file you shouldn't - you would have to delete these a second time before they are actually removed from your directory, where as you DO NOT get a second change in the ftp manager.

With all of that being said, it might be best to support a ticket to vodahost support staff who would be happy to reset your account for you, assuring no vital operating files were lost ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ooops, yes, absolutely true. Thanks LadyEye.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Hi... When you delete a page via the FTP Manager.. will the images on that page be deleted along with the html... Thanks Doug

Comment

No Doug. You select the page and the images, but you can select multiple files though.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

I deleted everthing-including operting files-is there away to get those back. I can't publish anything.

yes I'm an idiot-lol

Comment

Hi JJ,

What are you? hie hie hie, lol. LadyEye's post is very important here!!!!Would you submit a support ticket?
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom... I'm just doing a little Cpanel house cleaning.. and have come up with some simple ways to identify all of the bv...gif images on each of the unwanted pages ... so thanks again... Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,
                      I've wondered about how to associate the bvxxxx.gif images with which page! Short of going thru each page's html and making a list; I haven't been able to find a way to do that!

Would you mind sharing your method with us? I think many of us would find it useful!

Thanks

Comment

Hi Juda… Little slow getting back to you about removing old bv.gifs.
                        Mozilla has a right click feature that shows page properties; page media. In there is a list of all images on the page. From this I am able to delete or move to an old picture folder for later use if needed… Doug

Comment

Thanks doug. Someone else gave me that info, too; at another post. But I appreciate you getting back to me.

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                          X