Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Publishing HomePage

Hiya,

I seem to be having the same problem as Dragonmybutt (Further down the threads page).

Like Dragonmybutt, I too am probably being a complete dunce!!

I have no experience of website building and I think I have designed quite a good site!

Is there someone out there that could tell me possibly step by step how I can publish my site?

I just want to publish the home page, or index page, so that people can see it!! But, all I see when I go to my site, is a page with; index of on it!!

It also lists other things which I havent got a clue about!!

At the bottom it says ''server www.adamsposters.com Port 80'' .....
    ..... Someone, help me, PLEASE, I dont have a clue what I have done wrong!?

Thanks,
    Ad

PS My page is named Index.html

Re: HELP Publishing HomePage

it needs to be index all lowercase

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Good spot, Batman!!!

You see - I AM a dunce!!!

Thanks,
      Ad

Comment

How do you make it all lowercase?

Just that when I try to, it always goes to 'Index' and not 'index'!!!

Ad

Comment

Ad,
          Not really clear what your problem is but just in case... your Title and your page name are 2 different things. Page name is when your page is built you 'save as', right? Save your home page as 'index' (all lower case as Whadaflip told you). It can't be anything else. Then publish and see if it doesn't work. If not, you have a different problem.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Have done what you said, but still coming up with a similar problem.

Now I have a huge list of things on the Homepage, in blue, and at the bottom still the following;
            Server at adamsposters.com Port 80 Im getting frustrated!! Ad

Comment

Ive just noticed that when I click on the Index.html link (which is the huge list of links on my homepage) it takes you to my Homepage!!!!

How can this be sorted, so that when you type in www.adamsposters.com it goes straight to my homepage?

Ad

Comment

I understand what you mean, If you try to rename it as lowercase index it won't if you do it from the BV program, so first of all close it down in BV, then go into the folder where the file is.
                Usually 'My Documents' > Blue Voda

Right click it and rename it there. Then open it back up in BV and publish
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Just done it - now seeing whether or not it uploads correctly.

Thank you for helping me everyone by the way!!!!! You's are great!!!!!
                  Ad

Comment

Have sorted the problem.

Thank you so much!

Now, I have a whole load of othe queries, which I will put to you all soon ha ha ha!!

Ad

Comment

Working...
                    X