Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id protect

hiya

i was just looking on the bv domains site, i want more info about id protect but when i click on more info it just refreshes the page. can you send me more info to salesoffice@petconcierge.co.uk

cheers

Re: id protect

How ID Protect Works

Shields your Private Information

ID protect insures that your private contact information is not exposed. It is held in confidentiality and protected by the Domain Privacy Protection Service. Their contact information is displayed to provide you with the highest level of protection against spammers and identity theft.

[img]https://www.enom.com/images/e3/e3_img_IDP_sto***am.gif[/img]

Dynamic eMail System which stops spammers dead in their tracks

Without ID Protect, spammers can obtain your email address from harvesting and then use it for spamming purposes and redistribution to marketing firms. Your email address can stay on file with various spammers and marketing firms for years. Due to VodaHost's dynamic email system, the visible email address is constantly changing, so while it is being harvested and redistributed, it will change and the previous address will no longer work for the spammer. The Domain Privacy Protection Service secures and maintains your real email address on file so you receive important information regarding your domain.

Offering you complete control

You retain full legal ownership and control over your domain name. You can sell, renew, transfer and change settings to your domain name just the same as before. Your domain control panel provides you real-time access to easily manage your domain name.

ID PROTECT FAQ

How does ID Protect help reduce spam?
    Due to eNom's dynamic email system, your visible email address is constantly changing, so while it is being harvested and redistributed, it will change and the previous address will no longer work for the spammer. The Domain Privacy Protection Service secures and maintains your real email address on file so you receive important information regarding your domain.

What if I need to prove ownership of a domain?
    You have the ability to temporarily disable the ID Protect service through your domain control panel. Turn off the service and then ask the verifying party to confirm whois registration details at:

VodaHost ID Protect Service Agreement. You must agree to these terms of protection before using this service

Once complete, you may turn the ID Protect service back on through your domain control panel.

What if someone sends something to the mailing address?
    For communications received which does not appear to be unsolicited commercial mail, The Domain Privacy Protection Service may either forward such communication to you or may attempt to communicate to you a scanned copy of a page of the communication. The Service may elect to not forward to you communications which appear to be unsolicited, or communications which appear to be from your having used the IDP Services as a general mail forwarding service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The terms of service of ID Protect can be found by clicking the below link.

VodaHost ID Protect Service Agreement. You must agree to these terms of protection before using this service

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

A quick question on the ID Protect option

Q1. I think I read on VHD that the cost is $20 per annum (now cant find the price! on their website) - the question is, is this $20 per Domain on the account or per VHD Account? (I suspect the former)

Q2. If I select ID Protect then someone who looks up the domain on whois.sc, what do they see. Do they see anything that indicates that it is my domain (name, address, email, phone number) or does it say something generic which could not identify it as my domain

Q3 . Can I select ID protect for some but not all domains in the VHD account (if the answer to Q1 is that the $20 is per domain)

Thanks as always

Comment

Working...
        X