Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converted text/image alt tags

Hi there all!

I have searched and not found this exact question discussed before.

Throughout my site I have used a font (Script MST Bold) that I have since discovered to be not web friendly as categorie titles. In order to have these titles displayed properly and not defaulted to many viewers I know I can change the text to images within bv but I cannot find a way to add alt tags in order to 'replace' the text for se's and the other common uses of alt tags. I'm pretty much convinced there's not a way do do this within bv but just thought I'd ask...

Is there a way within bv to add alt tags to converted text images?

Thank you in advance.

Ken
    bv ID#15681

Ken
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Re: converted text/image alt tags

If you have used this font throughout your site you don't want to change it all to images or you'll have no readbale text for the SE's?

Or are you talking about a header on every page or similar?

If it's the whole text then your best bet is to change the font and leave it as text.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks, Ramsey.

No, it is not my main text font, just category subtitles, and the keywords that would be lost are more than well supported throughout the body of each page. Headers are images with alt tags already.

In other words I could do without these few words here and there but I'd rather not if there's a way to create an alt tag for the text-converted-to images.

Ken
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

i may be a little confused, i agree with you that if you want your special text to appear the same for everyone, you should make an image of it and import it with the image tool. Now each image has an alternate text tag, which you can type in the same message for the search engines. that way you have the look you want without sacrificing search engine optimization.
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

mrmagoo,

I know how to do this for images, but when you convert text to an image within bv it does not give you this option (unless there's something I'm missing).

Maybe I should be asking if anyone knows of another tool to change text to an image outside of bv and import it. I know what to do then.

Thanks for your help.

Ken
          Ken

Comment

I disagree with making the titles and important words in images and then using alts. While alts for images ARE helpful for se's - they are NOT the same as the actual words on the page. You will be damaging your seo for the page by doing this with important keywords and phrases - which category titles should be.

I suggest you find a text that is web friendly to use for these important parts of your pages - and use alt attributes where they really belong - on real images - for when the images don't show.

Every time we try to take tricks to do things for the se's - expect that in the long run, they will come back and bite you in the rear end.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you, Beth, for your insight. I will take your advice.

My original question, however, was:
              Can you add an alt tag to text converted to an image within bv? and I'd still like to know. But I am taking it that since no-one has said otherwise, that you cannot.
              Thanks to all who weighed in....
              Ken

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                Thank you, Beth, for your insight. I will take your advice.

My original question, however, was:
                Can you add an alt tag to text converted to an image within bv? and I'd still like to know. But I am taking it that since no-one has said otherwise, that you cannot.
                Thanks to all who weighed in....

Yes, you can alt tag your images - regardless if these images are text or not ..
                and you do so by double clicking the image, a properties box will appear and you fill it in there ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,

Thank you for trying to help.

Not to beat the poor horse when he's already dead and I don't think I asked my question very well to begin with but it could be of help to others if I finish this up...

I know how to create alt tags for images. I recently discovered that when you right click a text area a box comes up that asks the question "would you like to publish this text as an image?" If you check the box no amount of right clicking will bring up an alt tag field.

I guess I have figured out that checking this box does not make the text automatically into an image. It will only publish as one.

Is this correct?

Ken
                  Ken

Comment

That's also how I see it, converts to a .gif image, you can though save it as an image too, hmmm, but you are right, I do not see an area to add alt text .. not sure who might have the best use for this feature ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you LadyEye

And now we can put this one to bed.....

Ken
                      www.sedonaaromatherapie.com
                      Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X