This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning CSS

Hello, This bluevoda thing is addictive and you learn so much in this forum.

My next thing to learn is css. (I think)

One of my pet hates is when you make menu buttons for your website and you then visit your pages, the buttons just trundle on one at time instead of all appearing in one go.

Iwas wondering if css overcomes this?

Sometimes I look at other peoples sites with lots of images and fancy buttons and all the main components display at the same time?

Is anyone able to give me a brief overview.

Many thanks

Darren

Re: Learning CSS

Part of them all appearing at once would be how small the images are and how fast you computer loads them. Using text links would help with it also - instead of images. CSS might help on some of it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

CSS menus based on lists formatted as table cells are pretty fast. However, whenever there is a button image download, it takes more time.
      BV menus are a bit slower, because each button has it's own pair of images. A 10 button menu has 20 images, so even if they are small, it is always some bytes to download. With css instead, you only have two (or three or four, depending on your menu) images, that are the same for all buttons. HAve a look at the menu here which is css.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your replys Bethers & Naval,

Naval I have looked at your link and and it appears to have 11 menu buttons with rollerovers and when I loaded this page for the first time they all load at the same time and each time I open the other pages, which is perfect.

Is their anywhere I can go to learn how to create a menu bar like that in css?

Many thanks in advance

Darren

Comment

Hi, pop a search for CSS menus into google, theres hundreds out there.
          These might give you a start.

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
          http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

There are plenty of tutorials on the internet, I would first start by learning HTML though. CSS is used to control HTML elements

http://w3schools.com is probably one of the best tutorial websites.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Hello I am looking at this again and I found this link

You'll see css code and html code. In BV Where do I paste these codes to get that menu layout?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Hi, copy the 2 images to your computer & you can upload them with the page via your BV file publisher. (green earth with an up arrow)
                  Paste the 1st pat of the code in the page html “Between the head”
                  Paste the 2nd part in a html box that you can place on the front of your page.
                  Preview

Once you get used to this, there are some good ones at this site

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey watdaflip... Thanks for the good school site... Doug

Comment

Thanks Chris

Do I have to publish the saved images first? Before I do code pasting bit?

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
                        Thanks Chris

Do I have to publish the saved images first? Before I do code pasting bit?

Darren
                        Ah! i just noticed in that code that it was set up for their site.
                        There are to parts to change in the head part of the code. Look for media/indentbg.gif & media/indentbg2.gif then remove the part media/ so it becomes indentbg.gif & indentbg2.gif
                        This should now work on your home machine in preview & at the server when published & the images uploaded.

Cheers.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

CSS is a useful item to learn and I will try and improve mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X