linking a button to a page (html fil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking a button to a page (html fil)

I am Daniel from Argentina. I am evaluating bluevoda website builder. My idea is to build a very simple website offline in order to test most of bluevoda features...
    But, I have a problem linking my index page to another internal page. It is important to know that a I haven't a domain name yet.

I don't know how to complete the URL field of the Add Button dialog box (linking a button to a page (html file). This html file is located at my pc. I am testing offline without a domain name. When I preview my site in a browser I got the following blueboda error.

his link has been disabled.
    BlueVoda has generated HTML for the current page only and as a result all internal links are disabled.

To enable these links be sure to publish all referenced pages to your website and specify their absolute URLs in the link properties.
    My question.
    How to complete the link dialog box when I am developing a site online without a domain name ?

Thanks for your help. Daniel

Re: Problem linking a button to a page (html fil)

Hi daf...The pages won't link in your computer... you have to have an account .. pages uploaded to the server and on the web...then the pages will link as addressed... hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug!!. But I don't have a VodaHost account yet, I am evaluating the website builder. I can't believe that is impossible to test a site offline before to uploading it. I've just did it trying a CoffeeCup software.
      Thanks Daniel.

Comment

You can test EVERY page of your site OFFLINE using the preview option, but of course your links will not work as, if correctly set up, they will be trying to link up through a domain which doesn't yet have a hosting account set to it.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Marincky,
          Then, according to what your are saying I will not try/test BlueVoda before having a hosting account. Is it like this?
          I don't have any hosting account neither a domain name. I am only evaluating website development utilities.
          Thanks a lot Daniel.

Comment

No, you CAN test it. You can make every page of your site and then preview it, all that you won't be able to do is click on the links, however, there should be no reason whatsoever that they won't work as this does not rely on the functionality of the program, it just relies on you as the webmaster entering the correct link data that WILL work once your account goes live.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: linking a button to a page (html fil)

Yes I understood perfectly that I CAN test every page, individually. But I wanted to navigate my entire website as if I were online, without having an account. I did it with CoffeeCup. However, your are right about I CANT test BlueVoda this way.
              Thanks for your help!!!. Daniel.

Comment

Working...
              X