Need help with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right place for this kind of questions but i need someone to tell me how to change the background color behind a link as you hold the cursor on it. My website is not complete yet, but feel free to give me some advice. If you take a look at my webpage www.frenchtasticpeople.com/classroom.html , you'll see that when you hold your cursor on it, the background turns red. I used the Hyperlink-->Edit tool to do it. The color change occurs just around the link. But i saw on another website something i would like to use. www.vehix.com There , the background color takes a much wider area, as if all the cell background color was changing as you place your cursor on it. Does BV have similar tool to achieve the same result. Please help.
    p.s. Sorry if i wrote in the wrong place...But i thought since this is about my website being reviewed, i could write it here. Thanks.

Herman

Re: Need help with

Hi Herman,
    just at the bottom left, in the same place where you found the feature you are using, at the far right there is what you need, it exactly what they have used in www.vehix.com , even better.
    Ciao
    Alas

Comment

Hello Alas, Thanks for your help, but can you please name the tool you're describing in your answer? You said "at the bottom left" , "at far right" of what the feature i'm using. I used the "Hyperlink--> Edit" tool to customize the link you saw on my page. And based on what you said, I'm now looking at the "button" tool right below it, and also "advanced" on the right, but neither helped me. Could you provide more details, please. I really appreciate your help.

Herman

Comment

Hi Herman

You are looking at a different kind of menu on the other website .. you might find a script for this at www.dynamicdrive.com and then if you are familiar with how to set this all in action ...

You could mimic this though if you wanted to create your own nav bars .. you could create two - then when you did the mouse over it would change and the entire size of the nav bar could if you made one lighter than the other ..

To create your own nav bars you would do so in an image editing program, and there is some great notes on this forum in doing so and then where you place them .. if you are interested do a search for "create custom nav bars" here on this forum - search button at the top .. I can't point my fiinger to the thread exactly but it is here ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello LadyEye, Thanks for the info. I will check it out asap. Merci

Herman

Comment

Hi Herman, exactly where you got the Hyperlink--> Edit tools in blue voda , below the logo maker, where is the small arrow with hiding tools.
            That tool ( Hyperlink--> Edit tools) is the last of four provided by bluevoda, the one that you are looking for is the second from the left.
            I apologize I thought it was the last on the right, but the last on the right is the one that you have used.
            Ciao
            Alas

Comment

Hello Alas, I think we might have configured our work area a little differently because MY link tools is locating between the marquee tool and the table tool (On TOP of my BV page, not on the left). I'm sure the tool you're referring to will display a name when you hover your cursor on it or after you click on it. It will be much easier for me if you provided the name instead of the position of this tool in the BV page. Feel free to do so, I really appreciate your willingness to help me solve this. Merci

Herman

Comment

Hi Herman
                It is called Menu Bar, it is close to navigation bar, go menu, text menu.
                Alas

Comment

Working...
                X