PDA

View Full Version : default e-mail

Andy128
12-20-2005, 05:26 AM
I have created a couple e-mail accounts attached to subdomains and they have tested fine. However, my default e-mail address is not working. I am confused by a previous post were it stated that the default e-mail exists but has to be greated in the c-panel before it can be used.

Can some one elaborate on that for me? I have watched the tutorials and still do not understand.

Andy

VodaHost
12-20-2005, 08:15 AM
All email account must be created in your Control panel before they work.
Please click on the below to learn more...

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm

Andy128
12-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Ok- I already said I watched the tutorials and didn't understand. The default account is already created- it is there. How do I re-create it or intitiate it to work! The tutorial does not adequately explain this.

For instance andy128@gprents.com is my default but will not receive mail. Like I said before- I have created other e-mail accounts in subdomains and they work no problem. So my problem is not that I cannot create new e-mail accounts. Please further explain how to make the default e-mail work.

Thanks

Andy

VodaHost
12-20-2005, 01:15 PM
what is your domain name? forget the default account, Create a separate
account for eadch person or department.

Andy128
12-20-2005, 01:51 PM
That I understand. May I ask what the default e-mail does then if you cannot access it? Or- is it a block e-mail account that then needs for you to set up each user? Because the way the tutorial sounds is that there is already an e-mail set up by default and you can add many more.

Thanks. And by the way- I absoultely love using Blue Voda. I sure hope you guys are around for a long time.

Andy

VodaHost
12-20-2005, 05:59 PM
The default account serves very little purpose. It is more of a place holder.
Please ignore it and set up individual accounts for all your users.