Navigation buttons problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation buttons problem

I created ten menu buttons in navigation,when the visitor keep curser on the menu buttons ,they are disappearing.In properties>style,i kept mouse over colour to red,but they are remaining black only and In target option,I can't understand the difference between blank,self,parent,top .Can anybody explain these features?what is the difference between menubar and navigation?

Sunny

Re: Navigation buttons problem

Hi Sunny,

Nice looking site.

1. You have selected a certain image for the button for view, but you have not selected any image for the mouse-over. That is why the button disappears on mouseover. From the Mouse-over dropdown, select an appropriate image, similar to the Normal image.

2. The mouseover clor is only for the button text. I'm sure you understand how to apply that, so if you still have a problem with this after the fix in no 1 above, please let us know.

3. blank,self,parent,top: Do not select anything for your own site. But anyway, the meanings are as follows: blank - page opens in a new window. self - page opens in same window. parent - (I've never used this one, but I think it opens the window in a parent (previous) window. top - you will use this when you publish your pages as php instead of html.

4. menubar and navigation: The buttons you use is a Navigation. The one I use on my site is a Menubar.

Good luck.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

In preview,everything working fine,but when i upload to the server,then the mouse over colour is not changing to red and mouse over image also not working.

Sunny

Comment

Press the F5 key several times to clear the cache. Alternativey, close your website. Then in IE, open the Tools menu. Select Internet Options. Then delete the temporary files.
        Test your site again. If it still does not work, let us know. We will get it solved, lol.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

I tried pressing F5 several times and deleted all temporary files but of no use.In preview it's working well.I hope you will solve the problem.

Sunny
          Last edited by sunny152; 01-19-2008, 04:51 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Will you please upload a test page with the Naviagtion on? In other words, a bvp (bluevoda) test file? Let me know what it is. I just want to download it and see.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Can someone help me with my problem?
              I have inserted a swf (flash) navigation bar into my BV webpage. The size of the text looks fine in the program,but when I preview it, it shows the buttons as well as the text oversized. Some of the text does not show up on the buttons.
              The odd thing is, the buttons show up both in another program and in the preview as they should.

Thanks for any help
              km5tq
              GOD BLESS AMERICA!
              www.jewelsheritage.net
              Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

I've received you email Sunny. Busy experimenting with the test page.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Hi Tom vR,
                  I tried everything and again i created new menus in navigation and also reinstalled the BVprogram.I can't understand why it's working fine in preview but not working after publishing,the mouse over colour and image is not changing after publishing.I hope you will give solution to this problem.

Sunny.

Comment

Hi Sunny,

As explained in my email, its just working fine when I publish your test page on my website. Your settings seems to be correct - no problems there. So, just to confirm, you have cut the navigation bar and pasted it back with Edit >> Paste?
                    In summary, the settings are correct; you have cleared the cache; you have cut and pasted the navigation menu; you have created a new navigation menu; re-installed BV, and still it does not work.....

I will investigate again tonight when I get home Sunny. I have a couple more ideas, but can only try them when I'm back at home.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

In Preview mode,the mouse over colour and images are working fine,but after saving as index.html, and when i again open that saved index file then its not working.

Sunny

Comment

Working...
                      X