Just some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some questions

I have some question hoping that things will be clearer to me than before. I want to have upload form for files and that sort of thing. So I know I first have to make a page with a form on it with an upload field. Secondly these form entries need to be processed.

Is this done by ABVFP? And how does that work? I have already installed ABVFP and started filling out the things for my form, but I want to know how ABVFP gets into 'contact' with the form I made.

Another question is, where do the uploaded files go. I have already made a database and so I reckon they go there, but do they also appear on my wensite? Or is this not possible with ABVFP?

Sebastiaan

Re: Just some questions

Yes, you can do it with ABVFP. Ir will automaticaly upload any and as many files you want. The files are stored in the "uploads" (or whatever else you have named it) folder in your ABVFP folder in your site, and will also be attached to the email that you will recieve. The files do NOT go in the database (on the contrary of other data that does go in the database).
    To have the form send the data to ABVFP for processing, set the form action to be http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php . It is all described in the tutorial that is included in the zip you downloaded.

The files and the data will NOT appear in your website, you need some script for that. To see the info stored in the database, you can go in your CP, phpMyAdmin
    Or, you can ceate a database interface for that.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Just some questions

Thanks that helps. I'm still cracking my head over this form thing. Its seems more simple than it actually is.

Sebastiaan

Comment

Working...
      X