• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make link to open inframe

Hei!

Could you help me and tell what to do. I made the first page here
    http://www.nocopyrig***airns.com/
    and I would like to make hyperlink from the third menubar "pentulaatikko"
    that it will open it into inframe. I can't do that, please help me what to do... this open the page to wrong place http://www.nocopyrig***airns.com/pentulaatikko.html and there is strange white background..??? Others are not ready yet...

Satu

Re: how to make link to open inframe

Some answers amongst your text...

Could you help me and tell what to do. I made the first page here
    and I would like to make hyperlink from the third menubar "pentulaatikko"
    that it will open it into inframe.
    Answer: I sense that you are talking about an i-frame (inline frame)...Here is the best thread fir that. Click here. Instead of Menu page, you use a page of your choice. Do not use the iframe for the menu as it is old tech for that. Naval has a better php option fir that. (Single menu page).

I can't do that, please help me what to do... this open the page to wrong place http://www.nocopyrig***airns.com/pentulaatikko.html
    Answer: You description is not very clear. Just check your hyperlinking again.

and there is strange white background..???
    Answer: 1. Double-click and highlight the text. 2. Open the Format menu. 3. Open Background color. 4. Click Reset Background.
    Others are not ready yet...
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

I think you drive me crazy. I have tried this the whole day... I think it is much easier for you when you CAN do it.. but when English is not your native language, it is not so simple. I have now made the menupage, put the iframe over it. Do I copy this over every other pages... I have done pages earlier with front page and it was 100 times easier... HUH ;(
      Do the links work when they are under the iframe which is transparence...

Thanks if you have time to help me.
      Satu

Comment

My first attempt at creating the pages was this:

and now when I tried to make so that iframe is over all other pages,
        text is not anymore in the centre and there is a white box under the text.
        http://www.nocopyrig***airns.com/pentulaatikossa.html

How do I change the white colour into brown under the text. It is okay
        when i work in BlueVoda, but when I look it from preview or publish it,
        there is the white background.

I wait for your help...

Satu

Comment

Hi Satu, do you want the pentulaatikko page to open within the home page in its own iframe. So you will have a page within another page. ??
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, Yes I would like that pentulaatikko will open in the same page BUT under the links (like I would like to see also the others open there)
            like here was
            that "box" "iframe where I wanted them.. but Tom said above there that it is better to do other way?

and one question more.. How to make the index page?
            Do I put menupage and something else together and save it like index?
            Satu

Comment

Hi Satu,

Just a bit busy here, but will come back later if Chris does not help now. I see he is busy reading your post.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Ok the index page is the 1st one that visitors will arrive at if they type http://www.nocopyrig***airns.com/ So this part seems to be OK.

If you want a page within a page (iframe) place an iframe on the page (Lets say we are dealing with your home page/index)
                Now d/click on the iframe & give it a name IE:”if1
                Now place a url in the url box of a page or image that you want to appear in the iframe when the page 1st opens. N
                Now remove the scrollbars & boarders if not wanted. Press ok.
                Now if you want another page to appear in the iframe via a link in your menu, you would go to the menu properties & in the url field place the url of the page you want to appear here. Now go to the Target field & type if1 press ok.
                When someone now presses the menu button it will call for the page from your server & place it in the iframe that you called if1.
                Remember! You have to publish the pages you want to appear in the iframe for it to work in preview.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Satu,

I was looking at your site again and was trying to understand why you want open all pages on the index page with an i-frame. I want to through a spanner in the works here.

Looking at the type of content you have, if I were you, I would have designed each page on its own. You can repeat the header and menu on all your pages. How many pages do you think will you have maximum on your site? The disadvantage of opening all tour pages in the iframe, is that the search engines would not be able to read those pages.

I want to show you two methods to have your header with buttons repeated on every page.

Method 1:
                  If it is not a big site, then I would suggest you do the following (it is MUCH easier than the iframe): (I stole the following description from Marinchy to save some time;thank Ramsey).

1. Create your first page (Your home Page). This would include your banner, links and your home page content.

2. Make sure you are 100% satisfied that it is completed then save that page as 'index'

3. Then to create your next page go into 'File' then click 'Save As' and name it whatever your next page is to be called, for example pentulaatikko. Now you have exactly the same page copied over to your next page.

4. You then just remove all the content from your first page that you don't want and replace it with the content you do want. Thus leaving your banners, footers, and links all in place.

Method 2:
                  Satu, Only if you feel comfortable trying a different method, then use this method instead of the previous. With this method you have the advantage that when you make any changes to the header, menu bar, footer, etc, then all your pages will automatically update as well.
                  Interesred? If so, then follow this thread by Navaldesign. (Skip the iframe part in this thread). Click this Single Menu Page. If you have problems with this method and you want to use it, then let us know and we will explain step-by-step. I also use this method.

I hope it helps. You can get the same effect or layout with these two methods as what you would have with your original plan.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

And anything is better than using iframes on all your pages!

I'm in favor of the php method that is being given by Tom - give that a whirl - if you can follow the instructions, you'll have a better website!
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: how to make link to open iframe

Thanks, That sounds easy when you explain it so, I will try this when I come back from work... That sounds easier for me..

And what about to make links... If I made to the index page the links ex. from pentulaatikko menubar to that page, what is the url and what is the target then?

Now you made me smile;))

Satu

Comment

Hi Satu,

Another good tip: Study Bether's last two links about the search engines in post 10 above.

Regarding the linking, please watch this tutorial first. Click here.
                        Click here to see all the BV tutorials. Post again if you have problems and we will assist.
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

Hei!
                          I have started to make these pages now.. heh.. and I have already seen that it is quite complicated to change every links in menubar in every page.. but next time I try that another iframe system. Could you help and tell me how I can get the page to centre in smaller screens also. I have 24 " and it is ok, but when I looket at this from smaller one, it was on the right side. Is there any thing to get it in every screen to centre?
                          www.nocopyrig***airns.com

Thanks
                          Sassa

Comment

Good for you. I'm glad you are starting to catch it now.

A. To centre your page, right-click the page and select page properties. Then tick Center in Browser and click OK.

B. Do not change the link in every menu on every page. That will take you forever.
                            1. Just edit the links in the menu on your index page.
                            2. Right-click it and select Copy.
                            3. On every other page, open the Edit menu and select Paste. Do not use any other paste option or shortcut. The Edit >> Paste will paste it perfectly in place as in your index page.

C. The other iframe you want to try later....Not iframe...use php method as in the link I gave you.

Good luck.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

Hi Satu,

...and I will also recommend you make all pages 800 wide. Right-click >> Page Properties. If you want it wider, then 1000 maximum.
                              About 80 percent of all pc users use 1024 wide screens or wider. About 20% are still using 800 wide screens and maybe you want to cater for them as well.
                              Bless you
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X