No announcement yet.

How to customize PP shopping cart page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customize PP shopping cart page?

I want the PP shopping cart page to feel like part of my website so I want to customize the background color, add a logo, etc. I went to the paypal site and was able to find how to customize the "payment page" but not the shopping cart. Anyone know how to do this?
    Lori
    www.loribelledesigns.com

Re: How to customize PP shopping cart page?

If you want to use paypal and have a payment page that looks like your website, they you'll need to look at carts like Mal's E or CartManager.

Using paypal buttons - you get the standard paypal pages.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The payment completion page is able to be customized - which is why I figured one could also customize the shopping cart (at least add your own logo). The paypal web site gives instructions but stops short of working with the cart. Oh well...thanks!
      Lori
      www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by loribelle View Post
        Thank you for your reply. The payment completion page is able to be customized - which is why I figured one could also customize the shopping cart (at least add your own logo). The paypal web site gives instructions but stops short of working with the cart. Oh well...thanks!

Hi .. you can do this .. is this where you are looking? Is this what stops short, sorry if this is where you have already been, but you should be able to do so ...
        Transfer money online in seconds with PayPal money transfer. All you need is an email address.

Availability
        Custom Payment Pages can be used with all PayPal Website Payment pages, including those for Buy Now Buttons, Donations, Shopping Cart, Subscriptions, and Web Accept Express. The page style you select will apply to every page in the payment flow, including account creation for new PayPal users. The ability to create Custom Payment Pages is available exclusively to Premier and Business Account holders.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I've managed to customise the payment page using Paypal. Go to My Account, Profile, then (under selling preferences) Custom Payment Pages. This enables you to add your own logo etc.

However, I have a question regarding the Image URL. Paypal suggests using an image only if it is stored on a secure server. I read that I can purchase SSL through Blue Voda but is Paypay not already using a secure server? I don't really want to purchase a certificate just to upload an image onto their page.

Any suggestions please?

Comment

Hi, your image is secure and you do not need to purchase the ssl for this .. you are fine .. glad you are sorted ..

I've done what you are doing and there is no problem .. feel confident.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. However, when I get to the paypal page a security information button appears saying the page contains secure and non-secure items. I'm worried this may put people off buying!

Comment

Originally posted by jasmine07 View Post
                Thanks for the reassurance. However, when I get to the paypal page a security information button appears saying the page contains secure and non-secure items. I'm worried this may put people off buying!

no .. that is common all across the internet .. you shouldn't have to worry about this .. their checkout is secure and that is what is important, and you are secured via paypal for this .. you're okay ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Actually, they shouldn't get that secure/insecure mesage when going to the checkout page - and that can set people off from purchasing. That's why you don't put things on checkout pages which cause that.

Your sales will drop if you have that - as all parts of the page aren't secure and some people will be scared by it. I wouldn't take the chance.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

What Beth is saying makes sense and I totally agree with her ..
                      I have seen this message lots though, but you shouldn't like Beth says, all your pp pages should be secure, I was figuring this was happening to you when you got to the paypal page that you were setting up, .... are there any other things that people could put on their check out pages Beth that would also give you this, other than an image, just curious? Thanks ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Anything you put on the secure paypal page that isn't secure will cause it. It's basically why I say you "can't" make the paypal checkout page like the rest of the site. Yes, you can - but I don't see a reason to buy a SSL to have one picture on it. Most people checking out with paypal expect to see paypal. And for the majority that you see a page like the site, the customer isn't being sent to paypal to pay.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I've been browsing around the PayPal site trying to find solutions for my situations. I came across a link that may be helpfuf for configuring your cart with a logo and other changes. There is a link that shows you how to replace the Buy Now button with an Add to Cart. I am not familiar with code, so will leave that to my Son. Thought I would see if this helps anyone. You will need to log in to your acct.

log in/merchant services/intergration center/link: PayPal Merchant Services/Go to the bottom of the page and click on Buy Now Buttons under the header of Use these features with any solution/Go to bottom and click on Advanced Techinques or any other links.
                          Sorry to have to give such long directions, but tried to copy and past the URL, but it wouldn't work.
                          km5tq
                          GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                          www.jewelsheritage.net
                          Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

Yes, anyone can replace those buttons - and that has been discussed here before. This thread has been discussing whether or not they could customize the Paypal page of the checkout - and yes, you can - but not in a way that I would recommend for most people.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                              Hi .. you can do this .. is this where you are looking? Is this what stops short, sorry if this is where you have already been, but you should be able to do so ...
                              Transfer money online in seconds with PayPal money transfer. All you need is an email address.

Availability
                              Custom Payment Pages can be used with all PayPal Website Payment pages, including those for Buy Now Buttons, Donations, Shopping Cart, Subscriptions, and Web Accept Express. The page style you select will apply to every page in the payment flow, including account creation for new PayPal users. The ability to create Custom Payment Pages is available exclusively to Premier and Business Account holders.

A belated thank you Ladyeye - I misunderstood all that were included in the PayPal Payment pages and was able to customize, to some degree. I do like that customers will still see my logo and familiar bear face, but I now must decide how to reassure customers that the page really is secure. I for one am so used to seeing this message when I visit other web sites that I don't even think twice before proceeding...but that's just me. Thanks for your help!
                              Lori
                              www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

Working...
                              X