Bulletin Board site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulletin Board site...

I need to get a bulletin board site together. You were recommended as a good place for hosting. I have a URL I want but haven't registered it yet. I'd like to use a vbulletin bb. Can you tell me what you can do for me? How much? Which plan? Etc....

Thanks,
    Kelly
    -Kellyann
    www.LowCarbChatter.com

Re: Bulletin Board site...

Also how quickly can I have this site up and running?
    -Kellyann
    www.LowCarbChatter.com

Comment

Well, if you are going to use Vodahost webhosting, you are looking at about $5.50 - $9.95 USD per month for hosting (the longer you pay in advance the cheaper it is), they provide a free domain registration for the first year, every year after there is a $20 renewal fee.

As far as vBulletin goes, the script itself costs $85 USD for a 1 year license, or $160 for a lifetime license (after the first year there is a $30 fee to renew your ability to download updates, but that isn't required you pay, you just can't get the update).

Once your hosting plan is up and running, and your domain name has resolved (1-2 days) the installation of vB only takes about 10-15 minutes, and then extra time to configure for your needs (at least an hour if you go through all the settings you can change, and then even more for making usergroups, forum categories, etc)

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks WatdaFlip. Great info. Is it worth is to go vbulletin over the Voda forum stuff? Is it that much better?
        -Kellyann
        www.LowCarbChatter.com

Comment

It all depends on what you require, we offer our customers phpBB for free....Click the below to learn more about phpBB....

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

You can always start with phpBB and upgrade to VB down the road...10'000s of users are very happy with phpBB.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Can you tell me what the major differences are between php and vbulletin? I see you are using vbulletin here instead of php. Is is a traffic thing? Or usability?
            -Kellyann
            www.LowCarbChatter.com

Comment

You can do your research via the below...

vbulletin

phpBB

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Somehow I thought you'd be able to explain since you have one with your package and are using the other here. I have read stuff but the differences are not clear to me. Can you be more helpful?
                -Kellyann
                www.LowCarbChatter.com

Comment

There really isn't a clear cut difference. Its basically the different amounts of features each forum has and personal preference. Also the phpbb is developed entirely by people who volunteer their time to create the software. vB is developed by a company with paid workers.

Heres a list of feature differences (Note this is version 3.0 which is not the version available in cPanel, you would have to manually install this).
                  phpBB is free and open source forum software that is easy to use, powerful, and highly customisable. Our community offers extensive support to end users.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Gl!

Originally posted by Kellyann View Post
                    I need to get a bulletin board site together. You were recommended as a good place for hosting. I have a URL I want but haven't registered it yet. I'd like to use a vbulletin bb. Can you tell me what you can do for me? How much? Which plan? Etc....

Thanks,
                    Kelly

Comment

Working...
                    X