Images show up everywhere except on web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images show up everywhere except on web

Hi. I'm baaack! Have been working with a subdomain today. It's published as http://www.startday.homespunways2.com. All went well in the creation of subdomain, the building of the page which I named index and saved as index. The built page looks good. The preview shows the built page just like it was built. But, when published, none of the images show up -- just the little red x. The navigation buttons also don't show.

I deleted all those on the page builder and reinserted them and published again but they still don't show on the published page.

I put a 'startday.homespunways' folder inside the 'blue voda' folder, both of which are in 'my documents' folder. The images housed in the startday.homespunways folder and also in the image folder---both these folders are in the blue voda folder inside my documents.

I know I've missed something--it's can't be that hard. Can someone suggest something to make the images show up on the published page?
    This is Dorothy with
    http://www.homespunways2.com

Re: Images show up everywhere except on web

The only thing I can think of is to look in the FTP manager, find the folder where this index page is held and then see if your images are in there with it. If not that could be your problem.

Is that worth a look?

Darren

Comment

Thank you, Darren. Will look and report back. Appreciate your suggestion.
      This is Dorothy with

Comment

Did you put bv shapes over your images? Are they blocking the images from showing maybe?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth. No, didn't use shapes. The navigation buttons didn't come up in the published page either. The links used with them do show up and are active but not the buttons themselves. Only one of the images had a link with it but that image also doesn't show but the link does and is active.
          I would think the problem might be the origin (folder) from which the images came except for the navigation buttons coming straight off the blue voda builder acting the same way. That throws me back to thinking about subdomain publishing itself, but that can't be wrong since the page did publish correctly -- except for the images.

I looked at control panel and ftp tool where I did see the page and the images.

What's left to investigate? Maybe, again, trash the page and do a start over -- but somehow that doesn't seem to be logical since all published except the images.

Hey, could it be the length of time the subdomain's been in existence--propogation throughout the system? See, I don't know what I'm talking about there but have heard something concerning that.

Thanks for the interest Beth and Darren. It is so helpful to have someone to talk with about these things
          This is Dorothy with

Comment

Hi, i noticed that the site was a sub-domain. Is possible that you have the link hot link protection on/off,? in your c-panel. This might be a reason.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Lieutenant General Chris: Your rank has been well earned. Your suggestion hit the bull's eye. After going to cpanel and disabling the link protection, everything on the published page showed up on the web as it should.
              Thanks to you, Chris, Beth, and Darren, I've learned another thing that I didn't mean to learn. Ya'll are the ones that make Blue Voda be the great system which it is. Thanks again.
              This is Dorothy with

Comment

Nice one! Glad your off again.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Woohooo, Chris - glad you chimed in here.

Glad you have it solved, Dorothy. I must admit, I don't use subdomains - and didn't think at all about the hot protection!
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I want to say a big thank you! I wanted to check my new website index page, it published all with the exception of my navigation buttons and header.
                    Have been stumped as to the reason for this as my first website all published first time, so after hours of searching the forums came across this thread and yes my hotlink was enabled, as soon as I disabled it my graphics loaded.

Many many thanks to Collectors-Info.
                    Jacque.
                    aka Intercessor Prayer
                    www.intercessorprayer.net - Intercessor Prayer Network
                    www.faithandactiontogether.org - Helping the World's Poor

www.alarmsinspain.com
                    Home and Business Security Alarm Systems

'Trust in the Lord with all you heart, lean not on your understanding' Proverbs 3 v5

Comment

Hi Jacque, you would get a bigger response if you popped a new post in the Customer Website Reviews - Your Testing Ground forum.

Good luck
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Jaccque, I'm proud of you for searching for an answer - so many just ask the same question again - and I'm glad you found the answer here.

Chris, she didn't have a question - and she posted appropriately LOL
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                        X