How to upgrade PHpBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upgrade PHpBB

I am a voda member and insatlled PHPbb on forum.kashmironweb.com. All I see in the control panel is as follows

Use Fantastico to automatically install any of the scripts listed on the left. Installing any script will use one of your available MySQL databases. Removing any script will free up one of your used MySQL databases.
    Click on any of the items on the left to get more details. UPDATE NOW!
    Following installations are not up-to-date. Keep your installations secure and up-to-date and ensure that future versions of Fantastico will be able to maintain your installations by updating now.
    phpBB2Location Installed Version Upgrade Linkforum.kashmironweb.com/my forum

Unknown Only manual upgrade possible

Can some please help me out.
    Thanx in anticipation

Re: How to upgrade PHpBB

You may go to phpbb.com and download latest version, unpack and READ THE MANUAL INSIDE, upload, upgrade and voila!!

Thats how it is in nutshell, but please read very carefully documents and you may upgrade manually.

Comment

Will Voda be linking the newest upgrade to phpBB at all? I looked at doing it manually and put the process in the 'too hard' basket.
      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
        Will Voda be linking the newest upgrade to phpBB at all? I looked at doing it manually and put the process in the 'too hard' basket.
        phpBB3 is a totally different program to phpBB2 so there will no upgrade. though VH i am Shaw will update there link to install a new fresh phpbb3. though if you are interested in in updating your phpbb2 to phpbb3 and converting and using your old database then you could contact Blue Voda Website Designers from HERE you can also check out there recently update forum from that page.

Comment

cool thanks... those eyes blinking are a little too funky... where oh where did you get the ability to do that??
          www.madinmelbourne.com.au
          the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
            cool thanks... those eyes blinking are a little too funky... where oh where did you get the ability to do that??
            Rather than simply post everywhere with comments that are inappropriate and of questionable value or purpose, why don't you focus on trying to actually learn and apply some of the techniques discussed and comments offered earlier in your Showcase thread to better your own website?

Posting just for the sake of rank will not 'repair' a reputation...
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X