X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Gallary

Hi,

I am trying to use the picture gallery to add 1 picture
    at a time so I can put info underneath each picture.

However, now that I have about 10 or 12 pictures on
    the page I can only get 1 to show up on my web page.

Can some one please help me?

Thank you.

Jet

P.S Here is the link to the page I am have trouble with
    so you can see what is happening.

Every one has talent, they just need to look for it.

http://www.selectsilkscreenings.com

Promtoinal products for your business.

http://www.strongpromotions.com

Re: Picture Gallary

Originally posted by Jet
    Hi,

Thank you.

Jet

http://strongpromotions.com/GiftBaskets.html

Save your pictures in .jpeg or .gif forms before insert into gallery.
    Good luck to you:)
    Quyhurry

Comment

Originally posted by Jet
      Hi,

Thank you.

Jet

http://strongpromotions.com/GiftBaskets.html

Eliminate the # and the blank spaces from the names of your pictures and your links
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh and also use lower cases characters only, search engines will consider capitals as broken links. I learned that the hard way:(
        In summary:
        -no # and unneccessary symbols
        -no space. If needed, use _ instead
        -no capital letters
        I am pretty sure that it will work. Please let us know, ok?
        Wish you luck
        Quyhurry

Comment

Originally posted by quyhurry
          Oh and also use lower cases characters only, search engines will consider capitals as broken links. I learned that the hard way:(
          In summary:
          -no # and unneccessary symbols
          -no space. If needed, use _ instead
          -no capital letters
          I am pretty sure that it will work. Please let us know, ok?
          Wish you luck
          Quyhurry
          Thank you so much.

I don't know why I did not see it.
          When I went back to look at my
          pictures the only one that would
          load was the only one I did not
          have the # sign atatched to it.

You have made my day.

Again, thank you.

Jet
          Every one has talent, they just need to look for it.

http://www.selectsilkscreenings.com

Promtoinal products for your business.

http://www.strongpromotions.com

Comment

I want to create a more interesting picture galley for my site. Can I have a picture on my photo gallery page that changes to another picture only when somebody viewing clicks a button under the picture, without creating a new page with the exact same info on it but with a new picture? So basically only the picture would change.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenleaf
              I want to create a more interesting picture galley for my site. Can I have a picture on my photo gallery page that changes to another picture only when somebody viewing clicks a button under the picture, without creating a new page with the exact same info on it but with a new picture? So basically only the picture would change.
              Yes you can. Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/Italiano...ull_nr_08.html

This is a simple solution if you only have a limited number of pictures. Of course, if you like it, instead of building a picture index on the bottom of the screen, you can simply put any type of link you want - button, text, etc
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, That would work for me, but I am learning everyday how to do more with BlueVoda. That I have not learned how to do yet. Are there any directons on how to make a picture gallery like yours?
                My site I have a picture on the right side of the page. I want to be able to click on a number under the picture and a new picture come up. www.goldenleaf-lighting.com
                Thanks

Comment

Thank you, That would work for me, but I am learning everyday how to do more with BlueVoda. That I have not learned how to do yet. Are there any directons on how to make a picture gallery like yours?
                  My site I have a picture on the right side of the page. I want to be able to click on a number under the picture and a new picture come up. www.goldenleaf-lighting.com
                  Thanks
                  In your page create an inline frame, in the position where you want your picture to appear. Call it f.e. "photoframe". Under the inline frame put the numbers you want, as text, linked to the picture files. Make sure that when you set up the link properties you set the link target to "photoframe". Before you upload the jpg files of your photos, play a little with their size using PIXresizer. In this way your photos will have the same size of your frame. If necessary, adjust the dimensions of the frame so they become the same as your photos. If you need any help post again.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Are there more specific direction? Like under inline frame properties I am not sure what to put for URL. Also I am not sure how to link the numbers to specific photos or link them so they are in the inline frame.
                    Thanks

Comment

I like that Naval, its the kind of thing i'm looking for i'd like to know if that would work in mass...my site will be real estate based and i need my customer to be able to upload a limited amount of photos themselves...i dunno quite how i'm going to do this as i'm very new to all this ...but firstly i want a list of thumbnails then when a client clicks on one of the thumbnails for them to then be directed to a page just like that one ...i just know this is going to be complicated!

So 2 things really

1. a set up like the one on your site for customers to upload themselves

2. clickable thumbnails how to link them to a page

Any help would be great ..thank you

Lincs
                      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Originally posted by Lincslady
                        I like that Naval, its the kind of thing i'm looking for i'd like to know if that would work in mass...my site will be real estate based and i need my customer to be able to upload a limited amount of photos themselves...i dunno quite how i'm going to do this as i'm very new to all this ...but firstly i want a list of thumbnails then when a client clicks on one of the thumbnails for them to then be directed to a page just like that one ...i just know this is going to be complicated!

So 2 things really

1. a set up like the one on your site for customers to upload themselves

2. clickable thumbnails how to link them to a page

Any help would be great ..thank you

Lincs
                        If you need your customers to be able to upload the pictures themselves, then you need a real Photogallery like Coppermine. Through your control panel go to Fantastico and install Copppermine from there. Then, after a litle practice you will be able to organize your gallery in categories, albums ecc, set privileges for visitors being or not being able to upload pictures themselves and so on. My own very sipmle photogallery is only good for few fotos, with thumbnails created manually, and when you want the page to look exactly as the rest of the site, but it is very poor in terms of possibilities. However if you decide to go on this way, post again and i'll give you the necessary instructions.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Are there more specific direction? Like under inline frame properties I am not sure what to put for URL. Also I am not sure how to link the numbers to specific photos or link them so they are in the inline frame.
                          Thanks
                          Let's say you have 10 photos, you name the files: photo1.jpg , photo2.jpg , ..... photo10.jpg. Let' establish the link for the photo nr 1.

Let's suppose that under the Iframe, you have put the numbers 1 to 10.
                          1. Highlight the number 1. As you can see, the link icon in the menu bar becomes active (it was invisible before) Click on the link icon and the Link window opens up.

2. In the link window, let Link Type: http:

in the URL put: http://www.yourdomain.com/photo1.jpg for the first photo.
                          3. In the Target field fill in: photoframe Photoframe should be your Iframe name. Of course you can use whatever name you want.

In this way you are establishing a link that opens the file photo1.jpg in the iframe. Also, in the frame properties, put the same URL of the first photo, so when your visitor first goes to your page, the frame isn't empty but already shows photo nr 1.

Repeat steps 1 to 3 for all your photos
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks
                            Beautifull!! If I may suggest just one thing: center your pages in the browser. It will look better. Nice job!
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              If you need your customers to be able to upload the pictures themselves, then you need a real Photogallery like Coppermine. Through your control panel go to Fantastico and install Copppermine from there. Then, after a litle practice you will be able to organize your gallery in categories, albums ecc, set privileges for visitors being or not being able to upload pictures themselves and so on. My own very sipmle photogallery is only good for few fotos, with thumbnails created manually, and when you want the page to look exactly as the rest of the site, but it is very poor in terms of possibilities. However if you decide to go on this way, post again and i'll give you the necessary instructions.

Thank you naval :)
                              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Working...
                              X