soho or osc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soho or osc

Hi ive got a site made in bv http://www.qualityclotheslines.net but ive recently had some differing problems not all due to bv. This site ranks number 11 in google for the most difficult relevent keyword but was previously number 6. I need to update to a proper e commerce site. I dont care how difficult the program is to use, in the end ill figure it out. So should i use osc or soho? Before you answer consider this. My site is only 9 months old yet ranks fantastically dispite the "new site penalty". So in order to keep my rankings i need to use a ecommerce site that will allow me to use the same page names that exist on my site now so that i dont have to start from the beginning again. I also need access to getting lots of text to my pages so that google can rank me well. What program should i use. Regards, Matt

Re: soho or osc

Matt..

Thats not gonna happen, as soho and osccommerce both are dynamically generated pages with php extensions and the ?strings out there.

You are better off leaving it as it is and adding a better cart then just paypal like mals ecommerce or cartmanager. Almost NONE of the STORE builders use an html extension, as they all run on asp or php or some database scripting. You can make some STATIC pages for your entry pages, however they wont be html extensions and therefore google will see them as a NEW page. So anything you do here to change your format will be like starting all over again except for your home page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: soho or osc

Matt,

If you don't mind learning some programming OsCommerce can be made to use html extensions. The nice thing about OsCommerce is that there is a lot of development being done. If there is something you want done with your page then it's likely someone else out there has had the same issue. There are many individual contributions that can add extra functionality or better aesthetic value. Personally, I like that it is dynamic because I can easily add new products without having to create new pages each time. I have made a lot of changes to the stock OsCommerce installation and am pretty happy with the results. I definitely have more work to do but I also enjoy learning how to use it and make it better.
      Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Working...
      X