Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer change

sassydoxies.com

I am happy with my website, but now i am changing computers. The old one was XP and the new one is Vista if that matters. How do I make the switch to the new computer? I tried moving the Blue Voda website builder, but that wasn't successful. I tried downloading a new Blue Voda wesite builder, but now I don't know how to get my web pages on it.

Re: computer change

Originally posted by stocktoad View Post
    sassydoxies.com

I am happy with my website, but now i am changing computers. The old one was XP and the new one is Vista if that matters. How do I make the switch to the new computer? I tried moving the Blue Voda website builder, but that wasn't successful. I tried downloading a new Blue Voda wesite builder, but now I don't know how to get my web pages on it.
    Hi, if you could transfer via a memory stick, ($10.00) your blue voda files and images, (any documents, etc.,) that you use for website building might be your best option ... unless you know how to do file transfer and sharing from one computer to another ... this may be more difficult for you to set up ... another options is if you do not have too many files, email them to yourself, folders and all .. and save in the exact same place on this new computer as your old computer ..

Transfer them in their existing folders - likely in MyDocuments/BlueVoda/nameoffile

and put these in the same place on your new computer ...

everything should come with it and you will just go on with your new computer as if it were your old.

You shouldn't experience any problems using Blue Voda with vista.

And yes, redownload blue voda and install on the new computer . this sounds like your easiest way here as well ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks. I have been successful for the most part. My only problem is that I used pictures from lots of different files, and putting them back where they can be found is not as easy as just putting in new pictures. Everything else seems to have transfered OK. This is not a big problem since when I redo pages I usually change pictures anyway.

Comment

I am having a problem. I changed computers and now have a vista machine.

I downloaded BV and got the new 9.1 version, I was using 9.0 I think before

I have transfered my pages and pictures etc with a removable hard drive with no problems but I do need to change the links to the pictures which is not a problem

However I found that the format of my pages are all over the place now

Once again no problem as I wanted a bit of a revamp anyway

But - When I have the page looking like I want it to in BV and I click the preview button the page that comes up does not look like the page I have made in BV

The text is in different places sometime with large gaps between areas of the page that are shown close together in BV or text will be behind a picture on the preview page but there is a clear gap on the BV page

If this a Vista problem or a BV or ?????

Any help gang? Thanks
        www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

I had this at first, but it was due to the resolution setting on the Vista machine. I changed this and everything went back to normal.
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I, too am having a pixel/screen issue. I moved my files from my home computer with resolution of 800 x 600 to the secretary's computer with 1127 x 600. The file does not look the same as it does on the website or my computer at home, so I changed her pixels on her computer. The file appears larger and more blurry at 800 x600 pixels so I changed it back. Then I thought, well, my page properties are set at 800 x 600 so whatever her resolution is set at shouldn't matter. Now that she is making changes to some of the pages, they upload to the website larger than most monitors. Can anyone help? The website is www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org and the issue is on the Rabies and ******* link on the first page and also under the food safety link where you can find the link to food inspections. With her uploads you have to scroll to the right, and with my uploads it fit fine with no scrolling across needed.

Comment

Working...
            X