Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer Crash? It may happen! Think Ahead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Crash? It may happen! Think Ahead!

When you buy your windows software for your computer, remember to put it in a location you can find it later down the road and invest in backup storage for your computer for what I am about to tell you because if you haven't been through it yet, you may someday...

I wanted to make a post concerning people on here who do their business and personal activities on the same computer or just simply one or the other that computer crash may happen at any time and dll files somehow get misplaced in your computer and cannot be retrievable for some reason....backing up your work is the BEST thing to do if you are not doing that right now. Invest in a flash drive or a seperate hard drive to store your important data or things that will never be replaced.

For some crazy reason my computer started to go on the fritz. It was going super super slow loading pages and/or it wouldn't load at all. My whole screen just froze and I tryed to ctrl+alt+delete to get to the application manager screen to try to close browsers I had open....next thing I know my computer resets and trys to restart and keeps taking me to this page...."Sorry for the inconvenience but windows was shut down......."so on and so forth and listed safe mode, safe mode w/ networking, safe mode w/ command prompt....so on and so forth and no matter what I did I kept getting brought back to that page.

If I did not have my windows xp disk I would have been screwed unless I took my computer to a computer shop which I really didn't want to do but if I had to then I would. My point to this whole thing is that if repairing your computer is no longer an option and the only thing to do is to start all over then back up is a must. I had pictures that cannot be replaced on my computer and I would have been devastated if I lost all of it not to mention bv files I had to possibly redo. By chance with the xp disk I was able to get back into windows...after repeating chkdsk umphteen times to finally repair the computer to 100% to get access as well as having to do other things with booting. This all happened to me once before but I ended up reinstalling windows and lost everything I had on it and you would think that I would have thought the next time this would happen to back up my information.....well I didn't but this time I was lucky and the next time might not be so lucky.

What I'm trying to get down to is that invest in a flash drive or anything to back up your information so if you ever have a computer crash that you have your backup. I finally wised up and got a flash drive and now able to reinstall windows and start fresh.

If there is another post like this I am sorry but I had to let yall know that anything is possible at any time and to only be prepared.

Diane
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!
Working...
X