Adding mp3 files to my webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding mp3 files to my webpage

I'm really new to this and really feeling dumb. I can't seem to add the sound files. My site is so basic, but I really am stuck. I need to add "demo" files for each of the 6 listed with the purple dot next to them. How do I do this?

This is my website that I am in the process of creating:
    www.igivegoodvoice.com

Thank you,
    Stacy

Re: Adding mp3 files to my webpage

You can insert mp3's via the media icon on the left hand side of the web builder .. you browse through your computer to find your demo file and insert .. or you can upload your file and apply a text link on the page to your file ,.. you will need to also name, save and publish a page as index - all small letters, no spaces, simply index .. we will then find your website via your url .. if you look now at your link you typed here you will see what I mean ..

the page to name, save and call index should be the one you have named, saved and published as home .. this is wrong ..

you need this home page saved and published as index ... after you do this you can delete the one called home from your computer and your file manager, as I assume this would then be a duplicate, right?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, still not with you.

I think I changed the home to index correctly. Can I now rename it?

Work with me here, seriously a tech idiot.

For the audio files, do I need to upload them to an FTP, or do I just insert a WMP or Real Player onto my site? Then, how do I get each one to coorespond in the right place?

Comment

No ... leave your page published as index

You can "Retitle it though"

right click page properties, you will see title - you can change that in that text area, and republish ..

the page must stay as index, it is your domains home

A few choices for the audio files ..

Dependent whether you want to give those audio files individual pages with a media player on the page that starts automatically when they land on the page,

or if you want to have the 6 media players on the page that the user manually turns any player of their choice on

or if you want to only supply the link that they can click and open in a new page and/or download to their computer ..

those are a few choices for you to decide first before the method of getting these on your website is best decided

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay I am sticking with you and here's a few tips, first on linking your pages and/or music together .. Here's the link to watch live demos showing how this is all done .. I also offer a bit of reading in a link in my signature below if u are interested in reading .. however ..

now u know about the index page and also about your page titles ... naming, saving and publishing a blue voda page is different than applying a title to a blue voda page, just remember that .. .. consider reading the seo guide offered by Bethers on this forum, the link is also found in her signature ..

now linking - think of this as filing .. what is it called and where can I find it .. think of your domain as the main file folder of all of your site ...

all links will begin with your full domain name
          http://www.igivegoodvoice.com -

Now you have created a page ..
          you are going to file this page in the main file folder and now we need to know the name of the page if we are ever going to find it ...

http://www.igivegoodvoice.com/nameofpage -

now all files need an extension at the end of their file name ..
          just like your mp3 ----- it is nameofsong.mp3 - right?

all of the pages you create with blue voda turn into .html pages when they are published, ... the pages you create will have the file extension .html -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

First of all....thank you for sticking with me and helping! I feel like kind of an idiot....but I'll learn eventually.

For my sound files, I would like to have them all stay on the home page for people to click on and listen to directly from there. As simple as possible. I really just want one page....everything in one easy to read and listen to place.

SO.....do I need to add a media player (windows, real player, etc) to my page? Do I add this to each place I want to play a sound file from?

HELP!

Comment

my suggestion is to use a picture or a text link(you have the text already there) for each mp3 that you want to play. then link that to the page with the song or file. the first page would be
              www.www.igivegoodvoice.com/stationimaging.html
              the second page would be
              www.www.igivegoodvoice.com/commercials.html
              and so on. when you link text follow this tutorial:

another thing you should have is a home page link on all your other pages or target them blank. that way the page will open in another window so that if anyone closes out, you home page will still be there. my choice would be to have the same 6 links including a Home page link on each page. with copy and paste this does not take a lot of time.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Sounds like stacylyn doesn't want to create alot of pages though Mr. magoo .. ..

so you could just apply the sound file link to your 6 categories without creating any more web pages .. just ftp up your sound files and link to each of your 6 spots, in the correct manner I stated above.

http://www.igivegoodvoice.com/nameofsoundfile.wma ??

but important to remember the name of the sound file and it's extension is what will come directly after your domain name in the link ...

if you have trouble ftp'ing the sound files up, you could do this instead,

insert a media player on your page, browse through to find the sound file, once you find it, take a look at the string of text in the box - at the end you will see the name of the sound clip and it's extension - copy that last part and add it to http://www.igivegoodvoice.com/______
                this way you will be certain you have the correct name to apply ..
                publish the page with the media player on it, after it has successfully published, take the media player off and add the link as a text link to one of your 6 categories .. repeat all the way through for your 6 sound files ..

They will then have the choice of downloading or playing directly from your site ..

Text linking - highlight the word, go to insert, link, then type in the url as we have been discussing ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, I know you are thinking, "She is such an idiot," by now....but this really doesn't come to me naturally (obviously). I need someone to walk me through this.

Do I need to go to my INDEX page and then do FILE and then NEW PAGE? Then, upload each file separately?

You obviously got my idea that I want just one page. Just the index page for clients to see. So, I added a Windows Media Player on the page. I uploaded one file (Radio Show/Voicetracking). I still cannot link to it. Do I need to add a player to the page each time I add a file?

And, everytime I tried to CONNECT to the FTP, to try it that way, it won't connect....just freezes up and I have to control/alt/delete to get out of it!

Can I call you or vice versa to get assistance? I really need to get the sound files up (and the webpage working!) today!!

Comment

Okay, omit the ftp and just do this for 5 more times .. LOL

The one audio you uploaded is there ..

Now you inserted that mp3 with the media player and published your page, so that put your audio in your files, that is what we want, basically the same as if you had ftp'd up the file .. so we will do this for each of your songs ..

so for now .. go to the media player, (just keep using the same player and changing the audio clip each time) (Don't load your page up with 6 media players) choice your next voice clip, save the page, publish it, and then open up the media player again, grab the next voice clip, publish it, and continue to do this until you have done so with all of your voice clips and then delete the player from the page ..

Now here is the url for the first voice clip you uploaded ..

Now, I am assuming this would be the voice clip that you want to use for the tag on your page - Radio Show / Voicetracking ...

So what you can do now is highlight those words Radio Show / Voicetracking that is on your page, and go to insert, and insert link - then copy paste or type the above link in there .. and then save and publish your page ..

You should now have one working link on your page .. for this one ..

continue to do this with of the voice clips you upload .. you will notice that the file name for this particular voice clip on your computer is
                    StacyLynRadioShowDemo.mp3 - exactly that - remember things need to be identical, capitals, spaces, all of that - everything needs to be identical, lol - that is what you need to do is apply after your domain name http://www.igivegoodvoice.com - for every audio ..

On your page properties is where you can change the color of the links if the color text of the link is not suitable ..

We like to offer our assistance on the forums, this way it may help someone else in the same situation .....

P.S. u don't need to say anything about idiots .. ssh .. ur not ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You are fabulous.

Comment

Working...
                      X