Use own website instead of template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use own website instead of template

Can I use the index page I created in BV with Soho?
    km5tq
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    www.jewelsheritage.net
    Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Re: Use own website instead of template

No, youd be running two indexes. You need 2 domains to do this or a domian and a subdomain. Soho requires the use of a domain to work properly, so it would have to be seperated from your bv site as described above.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks a million, Karen.
      Think I will just stay with BV. Being a newbie, I'm finding our more and more each day. Now, just see if I can master BV will be a challenge.
      Wonder if we receive a graduation certificate once we figure it out...lol
      Just joking. BV is wonderful.
      km5tq
      GOD BLESS AMERICA!
      www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Karen,
        I'm back again with a question about SoHo. I've decided, thanks to advice and suggestions from others, to try SoHo because of the product building pages.
        My question is, since I can't use the index page from the BV site I created and is now published. Would it be possible to use the banner,picture, background image, flash navigation and menu buttons to create my site? I don't want to use a pre-made template.

Found out that SoHo is live. Wish they would change that so that you can edit your pages in your own database. I've already made so many changes in my page, I'm getting dizzy from it...lol
        km5tq
        GOD BLESS AMERICA!
        www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Yes, you can move your images, navigation, and other "elements" into the Soho build, since they are 'instertable objects' that can be positioned.
          With regard to Flash navigation, that is a separate issue from simple page layouts, and will require you to essentially install it as a MOD. You should read up on this in the Official Soholaunch Support Forum (accessible via the link in my signature), or have it professionally installed quite affordably and reliably from TemplateZapper, the leading Soholaunch Authorized Provider (don't get confused by the name, for they will modify your site however you desire without using templates). Seems their website is down temporarily, but Ben's contact information can be requested if you email me here.

It will take time for you to pick up on the logistics that makes Soho function, but when you see the linear design of this awesome program, you will find incredible freedom to unleash your creativity as well as your professional spirit!

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You have so many threads going LOL

Yes I think Soho will be better for you, also.

And I'm going to reiterate what I just told you in another thread - sit down and plan this - consider what you've been doing research (the building so far in BV - nothing wrong with that - but I think Soho will be a good choice for your website.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

You said a mouthful, Beth....lol I'm reaching out to anyone who can help this confused mind get things going right...lol I'll get there, but may drive everyone nuts before I do. Watched video tutorials until I'm blue in the face. Have had a hard time trying to see if I needed BV with PayPal or go with Soho. If I can accomplish what I need in Soho, then will go that route. Not going to do anything esle to my published inded page until I learn more about Soho.

Found out that building a business site is more of a challange than I thought it would be. My first site I did was a piece of cake compared to this. My first site was a geneaolgy site.

Thanks for your help....and good to see you in this thread..lol
              km5tq
              GOD BLESS AMERICA!
              www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

It is possible to install flash buttons/navigation into soho. Youd have to contact one of the boys over at soho to do it for you tho..Header would be easy.. navigation will require a couple of differeint areas being change to work with the dynamic pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X