publishing assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing assistance

When i create my site pages in bluevoda they look fine. When i preview them they also look fine, when i publish them and check them on line they look fine...BUT with some of the pages when i come back to them on-line a day or so later my menu's are muddled up and some of my images have other text or images superimposed over them...some menu items have the wrong text but are linked to the correct page...It's weird and i can't see what i am doing wrong if anything......If i go back to the faulty pages and republish them they are ok for a time but then go wonky on me again......puzzling to say the least.

CLIENT ID # 14181

Re: publishing problem ?

Hi, can you post the page url?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Forgot to lave the website address in my post above....Here is a link to one of the 'wonky' pages. http://realdealmafia.com/chicago.html hover over the navigation menu and you will see the name and the link do not match even although in bluevoda when viewed in the properties everything appears fine. Also when i viem my index page in Internet explorer it is 'wonky' but when i view it using firefox it is looking fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
        When i create my site pages in bluevoda they look fine. When i preview them they also look fine, when i publish them and check them on line they look fine...BUT with some of the pages when i come back to them on-line a day or so later my menu's are muddled up and some of my images have other text or images superimposed over them...some menu items have the wrong text but are linked to the correct page...It's weird and i can't see what i am doing wrong if anything......If i go back to the faulty pages and republish them they are ok for a time but then go wonky on me again......puzzling to say the least.

CLIENT ID # 14181
        I suspect that you have conflicts in your pages caused by copying and pasting from one page to another. This messes BV up and will cause the symptoms you describe. It can also happen when using two different pc's/versions of BV to amend the same site.

The only thing you can do is rebuild your pages and do not use shapes and items from other pages - make/insert new ones for each page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: publishing assistance

I did copy and paste some navigation menu's onto other pages for quickness and i recently bought a new pc wich has a different OS to the one i used to have......So guilty on both counts. I guess i have some work to do to get things right. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X