Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrontPAge Extensions

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine just told me that they can bring my website up in frontpage extensions and edit all the pages, do whatever they want and put it on the webserver.

Is this correct.????.

could someone please get back to me asap. This is my first time doing this but I assumed my vodahost website was secure since I only know the username/password that I got in the welcome message. I just published to my 7 or 8 pages and images to the standard public_html folder. Do I need to password protect this folder as well.

My website is http://www.miniaturehorsesirl.com

If what she is telling me correct, what do I need to do..

Please help. Have I complelety missed something fundemental in the tutorials.

Thanks
    Gary

Re: Emergency or not: Can someone please help

Hi, you can do this with most sites, in the respect i can copy your site or any other & place it on my server (with a bit of work) But i cant publish to, or change whats on your server, unless i have your login details.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Emergency or not: Can someone please help

Thanks Chris,

This is what I thought that anyone can bring your site up in frontpage ext, or something else and sure they can change the way it looks but they can't publish it back up to your web server account/domain unless they had the password.

Sorry for the panic, but my indirect friend through my girlfriend scared the hell out of me there for the last 30mins.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Working...
      X