domain redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain redirect

I want to redirect (forward) a domain to my VH account, what should I do? Can anyone let me know please? Thanks a lot,

Little Bird

Re: domain redirect

How you redirect a domain will depend largely where you host it. If you have access to a control panel, you will need to login there, and manage that domain. You will want to look for info and domain name servers or dns, and then you will want to change those to your vodahost accout.. they will look like ns17.vodahost.com and ns18.vodahost.com now these ns numbers are different depending on the server you host on and your info packet had this info on it. After changing you save, and then they usually notify you that a change has been requested and it goes in effect anywhere from immediately to 48 hours.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Little Bird

When you signed up with VH you should have had an email with lots of log-on details/ instrunctions

Trundle down and you'll see this

Attention!!! - Domain Name - Name server Information (DNS) & Transfer Instructions:

Here you will find the servers to where you need to point your domain. ns1 & ns2

Your domain If you bought this yourself on-line the registrar would have given you log-in credentials so you can access your control panel.

One in you can edit your name servers to those of VH. and you are way.

If you are a bit unsure I would ring the registrar and ask them to do it for you.

Or if someone bought the domain on your behalf ask them to do it.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies. I know how to do DNS transfer. After I do the DNS transfer, should I log in my cPanel? Under Domains -redirects,

(1) Do I choose All Public Domains or My Domain?
        (2) Do I fill in the domain I want to redirect, next to it?
        (3) Redirects to http:// My Domain?

I should be able to host this domain in cPanel, is it right?

Thanks again,

Little Bird.

Comment

If you have changed the name servers as discribed above (Using the information that was emailed to you from VH) and you have published a website, you needn't do anything else. As Karen said allow upto 48 hours, your www... will find your published site.

Darren

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help.

Little Bird

Comment

I still want to use the old e-mail address, how can I retain it after domain redirect?

Thanks again,

Little Bird

Comment

Try this tutorial Lady Bird

Darren

Comment

Working...
                X