Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Menu doesn't work

Hi,
    I am trying to use the drop down "Go Menu". I know that the links that the items point to are all correct. However, when I click the GO to select one, nothing happens. Can you offer some hints as to what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Parris
    www.polkcountybikeclug.org

Re: Go Menu doesn't work

Publish the page and someone will be able to help.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

The go menu only works in publish mode.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
        Publish the page and someone will be able to help.
        The page is published! Please look at polkcountybikeclub.org
        Parris

Comment

I'm getting script errors when I use your Go menu. Have you tried redoing it now that you have the newest version of BV?
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'm getting script errors when I use your Go menu. Have you tried redoing it now that you have the newest version of BV?
            Yes, I have tried about a dozen times to re-do it. I've placed it on different pages, different locations and with fewer links. Nothing seems to get it to work.
            Help please!
            Parris

Comment

Okay, just to narrow things down, have you tried disabling the button and making the items direct selections?
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Okay, just to narrow things down, have you tried disabling the button and making the items direct selections?
                Well, I have not "disabled" the GO. However, if you click on one of the bicycles, you will see that it connects to one of the links in the GO menu. So, in effect, I have been able to use the link directly.
                Parris

Comment

That's irrelevant. I'm suggesting you try disabling the button and make them direct selections to see if there's an error with the entire menu or just the button.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

That's irrelevant. I'm suggesting you try disabling the button and make them direct selections to see if there's an error with the entire menu or just the button.
                    Ok, but I don't know how to "disable" the "button". I'm using the GO MENU feature that appears as the last item in the list on the left. Can you give me some directions?
                    Parris

Comment

Yeah, just double click the menu in BV, same as you would so to add or edit text and links. At the bottom, there is an option to turn the button "off".
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yeah, just double click the menu in BV, same as you would so to add or edit text and links. At the bottom, there is an option to turn the button "off".
                        Ok, I checked the box labled: Do not use the button. I saved and re-published. But it still doesn't work.
                        Parris

Comment

I know, I just tried it myself. I also just published a Go menu of my own, and got no errors. You won't want to hear this, but my advice is to look very closely at how your menu is set up. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but look at things like; are the url's entered in the proper area, are they full url's, etc. It's no fun to dissect, but that's what I'd do, even if I already had before.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I know, I just tried it myself. I also just published a Go menu of my own, and got no errors. You won't want to hear this, but my advice is to look very closely at how your menu is set up. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but look at things like; are the url's entered in the proper area, are they full url's, etc. It's no fun to dissect, but that's what I'd do, even if I already had before.
                            Thanks for the suggetions, but nothing seems to work. I even tried just selecting a URL from a list. So, even with just one entry, it doesn't work. I know that you mentioned that you did one. Did you try adding at least three entries? If you could try that, I would be interested in the results. There really isn't anything magic about this ... but it is verrrry frustrating indeed.
                            Parris

Comment

Yep. http://www.daysofblunder.com/gomenu.html
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X