Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help adding background to all web pages

Hi:

I would like to add a sky blue and white clouds background to all my web pages so that the color and texture fill the entire space. Can someone help me figure this out?
    I have tried to add a background with downloaded images but they do not fill the page or if I enlarge them, they break down into pixels. I just want a nice, peaceful sky and clouds background and I have one on my e-mails already which would be perfect. My business cards and letterhead have a similar background pattern.
    I am trying to re-design my whol;e website again and would like to make a template page that has the sky background and my logo in the same place per page.

Thanks for your time and help. Please remember I am NOT a technical wizard at this and need very specific step-by-step instruction/help!

Skye Lin :) www.skyelinarts.com
    skye lin ARTS

Re: Help adding background to all web pages

Hey there. Basically you need a high resolution image to begin with. Something quite large even. Then, using PaintShop Pro or something similar, you could crop down the image to the exact size you want for your background (eg. if your page is 800 x 800 - make the image that size). This will eliminate tiling and the poor quality resizing problem you are experiencing. You could root through your email files and see if you can locate the gif/jpg that your email application uses or just search on the web for a better image. Google image search is quite good and tells you the size of each image.

If the image isn't long enough then maybe you could fade it to one colour so you have your clouds at the top? Just an idea.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you use Google image search it's highly likely that you will end up with a copyrighted image. Try Microsoft's clipart site - their images are all royalty free.

Do a search for 'clouds' and use the drop down menu in the search box to choose 'photos'.

If you use a high quality image in the first place you will not need to worry about the dimensions of the photo as you should not notice the tiling. Although Amanada's advice will work per se, it would mean that all of your web pages would need to be exactly the same length.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
        If you use Google image search it's highly likely that you will end up with a copyrighted image. Try Microsoft's clipart site - their images are all royalty free.

Do a search for 'clouds' and use the drop down menu in the search box to choose 'photos'.

If you use a high quality image in the first place you will not need to worry about the dimensions of the photo as you should not notice the tiling. Although Amanada's advice will work per se, it would mean that all of your web pages would need to be exactly the same length.
        Top advice and thanks, AJ. My bad.

Also, if you are adept at using ***, or similar, it's pretty straightforward to make a seemless image that allows for faultless tiling.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, theres a few hundred here that might give you some idea's. Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X