Creating Sub-forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Sub-forums

Hello everyone. I will need some help about how to create sub forums within my forum. Someone asked it already but he figured it out by himself before any replies.
    I'm using phpBB, if this can help. Thanks in advance.

Herman

Re: Creating Sub-forums

phpbb 2.x doesn't have subforums. You can have a group of forum categories. In order to have sub forums you need download and install a modification.

ie.

Forum Index
    ..Forum category Name
    ......-Forum
    ......-Forum
    ..Forum category Name
    ......-Forum
    ......-Forum

but you can't have

Forum category Name
    ......-Forum
    ......-Forum
    ..........-sub forum

without a modification

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

And you may also upgrade to phpbb3 as it is latest and very improved version.
      Some like version 2 and then you need a mod.

Comment

Thanks Higge and Watdaflip. So upgrading my phpbb to phpbb3 can let me insert subforums? Great then! But could you please say more about the upgrade (where to go and how) and the modification i need to make? Is there any specific thread/tutorial on this forum with deals with this question? Thanks much and much again

Herman

Comment

You can to http:/phpbb.com and there you have all.

There are files to upgrade or for the fresh install.

See also their forums under community, there is tons of mods you can use.

Comment

Hello, it's me again
            To all those who replied above,thank you very much, i really appreciate.
            I visited phpbb.com and read extensively their instructions about the installation of phpbb3 and all related material, but then i sadly realized that VH or any advanced member in this forum hasn't provided any full tutorial to people who would like to upgrade their forum or install the new version. (I read somewhere we should contact LadyEye???) Please, post something out there for us. Phpbb.com did their best to give full instructions about the new phpbb3 but we here, (No i should talk for myself, I then), would like somebody who's already using phpbb3 to BREAK IT DOWN into simple language (with tutorials/thumbnails/pics/videos, or step by step , anything!). It was so easy to install the phpbb 2.0 when i first got my domain. please make it easy for me to upgrade my forum it to the new version...
            p.s. If by mistake I missed some important threads on this subject, please be kind and provide a link where i can learn more about it. Merci. Respectfully,

Herman

Comment

Hello Herman.

You said what I have been thinking too. I wish someone make that tutorial, it would be me but my skills are also very limited for the job like that. I understand tho, forum software comes with cPanel, so Vodahost can't give full support (as it is stated in intallation progress) but very simple tutorial IS missing from markets.

Comment

It is with GREAT relief that I announce that I was able to install, run, and configure phpbb3. I was desperately looking for a thread on this subject when i found this URL in one of Alien Anonymous' postings.

Once i figured out how to FTP the phpbb3 files to my server, i just followed the instructions given in above URL and everything went great. Thanks a lot.

To all people having the same problem i had, well feel free to follow the url above. I'm just curious why nobody in this forum posted this link as a reference, at least until a more detailed tutorial is available...anyways, merci beaucoup!

Herman

Comment

Working...
                X