Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inline Frame Causing Page to Creep Up in Browser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Frame Causing Page to Creep Up in Browser.

I'm having a wierd issue. Let me give you the site I'm working on. It's www.azareafsbo.com/index2.html. If you click on the "Mortgage Tools" Button it takes you to a new page box with some mortgage tools links in it. I have the Inline frame set up on this page, as well as the "Closing" page. They are working perfectly, you click on a link at the side, and it comes up in the inline frame no problem.

My problem is in the Glossary page. If you click on the "Glossary" menu link, It takes you to the Glossary page that also has an inline frame, and alphabetical links that are targeted to it. If you click on one of the letter links, the page re-alignes itself so the inline frame is in the middle of the page cutting off some of the header graphic.

If you're lucky enough to still have the menu links at the top and you click back to the Main Tools page, it stays aligned the way the glossary page aligned it. If you go back from there to the Glossary page and click on a letter again, it re-aligns itself again so the inline frame is at the top of the page with no header graphic nor menu buttons showing.

I've been beating myself silly trying to figure this one out, if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Basically I want the Glossary page just like the other pages in that when you click on a letter it brings it up in the inline frame without moving the page at all.

Thanks.
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Inline Frame Causing Page to Creep Up in Browser.

Hi Thump...
    All I can figure is... make sure the pages you are calling up and into the I-frame.. are created and sized from the top most left hand corner of their page.. and the I frame they are being sent to..is sized accordingly; to accommodate the pages called up...Hope that helps .. Doug

Comment

Thanks for your response. I checked the page, and it seems to be aligned properly. There is a difference that I just realized between the Mortgage Tools page, Closing page, and Glossary page. And that is that each of the links on the Mortgage Tools, and the Closing page link to individual pages, whereas the Glossary Page links, link to bookmarks on one page. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.
      BeauxArtsFair.com
      GlassIllusions.net

Comment

OK, so here's what I'm thinking. The more I ponder this problem, the more I think it has to do with the fact that the links on the Glossary page are linking to bookmarks on a single Glossary Terms page in the inline frame.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track, and if so, is there a way to correct the problem?

Thanks.

PS: I just noticed something else. The copyright info that's coming up on the bottom of the page multiple times when clicking on a letter link, is neither on the Glossary page, nor the Glossary Terms page the links are linking to. So in other words, the copyright info shouldn't be on this page at all... Do I have ghosts or what?
        BeauxArtsFair.com
        GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Bethers...VodaHost... Collector... navaldesign... anybody? I know somebody has an answer to this problem. I can't imagin it's something that can't be fixed. I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

If you click on "R" in the glossary frame the box goes way up to the top, and it has 4 copyright statements...What's that all about?
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

OK, I just found something new. I thought it was just happening on the "pop up" window for the glossary page, but it's on the actual page: www.azareafsbo.com/glossarypage.html. It jumps up whenever you click on a letter link, which is linked to bookmarks on a glossary terms page (www.azareafsbo.com/Glossaryterms.html) targeting the inline frame. I don't know if that helps, just thought I'd include it.

Also The "R" thing doesn't go as extreme every time.

Thanks.
            BeauxArtsFair.com
            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

I'm starting to feel lonely... is there a solution to this issue? Am I asking this in the right place?
              BeauxArtsFair.com
              GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Working...
              X