Bridal Wholesale Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridal Wholesale Website

Ok, I had two days to design and build this so was a bit of a rush, client had advertising set for tomorrow so had to rush through it. I need to make a few tweaks to the meta stuff so please ignore that, I just want opinions on layout, and especially the way I have shown the gowns.

Client didn't really want pages and pages of dresses but the trouble with sites like this there are always many dresses to show. Do you like the way I have done it or not? Be honest!!

www.villagebrideswholesale.co.uk

Thank you
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Bridal Wholesale Website

Hi Ramsey,

Yeah, I like it very much. It's superclean, stylish and well organized. I wish I had your skills.

I don't care for the Logo text. Looks a little less than the rest of the page. Something a little more dynamic. And I think I'd just keep the menu text black. Can't really see the blue as an addition to the page.

Am sure you're already looking ahead to many improvements that you haven't implemeted yet but these are my thoughts.
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
      Hi Ramsey,

Yeah, I like it very much. It's superclean, stylish and well organized. I wish I had your skills.

I don't care for the Logo text. Looks a little less than the rest of the page. Something a little more dynamic. And I think I'd just keep the menu text black. Can't really see the blue as an addition to the page.

Am sure you're already looking ahead to many improvements that you haven't implemeted yet but these are my thoughts.
      Thanks Ken,

The logo is what the client provided, it matches an existing site so I think that will have to stay, I was unsure about the burgundy text, I have taken your other points on board though. Thank you for your time.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Ramsey, Very good proffesional looking site and easy to get around.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
          Hi Ramsey, Very good proffesional looking site and easy to get around.

Darren
          Thank you Darren. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Ramsey,
            I'm impressed. Looks very professional. The first thing I noticed when I reached your site was the beautiful photograph. I don't see anything wrong at all with the logo or the text. You have it so that it doesn't dominate the page,but enhances the design. The colors are complimentary. Site it very easy to navigate.
            Guess design is in the eyes of the beholder, so go with your gut feelings as to what your customers would like.

Good luck with it
            km5tq
            GOD BLESS AMERICA!
            www.jewelsheritage.net
            Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

looks great Ramsey ... love it ... just one small thing ... the first rule of newspaper/magazine page layout is your text should always be on the left as it is the natural place for the reader to begin ... it can confuse the reader and feels off beat/uncomfortable to start at the right ... same applies for websites ... in humble opinion ... try mirroring it and you'll see what I mean ... I really like the logo but the font could be a few points bigger ...
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

A Very Clean and Neat crisp site. Nothing too complicated and lets the viewer concentrate on the bridal gowns.

You are very good at what you do Ramsey
                Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Uncluttered and functional - just how I like it!

Only one neg, Ramsey, the thumbnails take too long to download.

Comment

really great, clean, simple, drama free... very easy to navigate. Why tho are the flick thru pages different on the flower girl and prom dresses? I love the way the pic comes up in the centre for the bridal dresses, was disappointed with the others that come up in a separate page on the left. Great work!
                    www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                    the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Very good Ramsey, yes the thumbnais took a while to load, not sure if you can speed this up or not. I would have rather seen the pics on the right and text on left as it feels more natural to read this way, but that's minor. The rest I can try and pick holes in, but I can't. The best way to build a site is not to over complicate it, this you have done very well.

Good job

Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all your comments, I promise I take them all on board.

I can't respond to everyone individually at the moment as I am having serious internet issues right now and will probably get cutt of any second now for another few hours!!!! Engineers are looking at it right now (Apparently) I had to phone 3 different companies, 2 British and one American company to get to the bottom of my issues, but every single call was to India.... Why??????

Comment

Hi Ramsey,
                          OUTSOURCING! HP, my phone company and almost all technical support issues anymore take me around the world. I was on the phone to Pakistan the other day for almost 2 hours with a cell phone issue. Don't get me started lol....
                          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

When I went to view the gowns, I expected when I clicked the small pictures it would change the big picture. But I certainly did not expect it to change the page to the picture. That is a place where you want a pop up to display the gown.

The site itself is well laid out. In the case of this website, I would NOT change the text/picture - as the picture says it all- that's what they are there for. Seeing that beautiful picture will be what will keep the potential customer to read what's on the right.

It's not a matter of text left/pictures right - it's a matter of importance - and in your case, I think this is a case where a picture IS worth a million words :)
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                              When I went to view the gowns, I expected when I clicked the small pictures it would change the big picture. But I certainly did not expect it to change the page to the picture. That is a place where you want a pop up to display the gown.

The site itself is well laid out. In the case of this website, I would NOT change the text/picture - as the picture says it all- that's what they are there for. Seeing that beautiful picture will be what will keep the potential customer to read what's on the right.

It's not a matter of text left/pictures right - it's a matter of importance - and in your case, I think this is a case where a picture IS worth a million words :)
                              Oh Beth oh Beth oh Beth!!! Where were you half an hour ago??? I just changed it all over from the right to left now!!!

What do I do... change it back? H E L P !

Comment

Working...
                              X