removing Paypal generated buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing Paypal generated buttons

How do I remove a Paypal generated button from my web page please? The buttons appear on my webpage in the default browser but not on the builder page. I haven't used BV PayPal buttons as they don't appear to have a New Zealand currency selection in Properties. Happy to be shown otherwise.

Cheers

ID#20882

Re: removing Paypal generated buttons

Have you used the pp generated code at the paypal official site itself? You would have applied this in a html box on your page .. perhaps you are looking for that? You can set your preferred currency directly at paypal in your account, did you check there?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi there Eye, yes I used a pp generated code from the PP site but I didn't use a html button (I now know I need to in future). I simply cut and past the code directly on to the web builder page expecting the button to show up as described in the PP tutorial. The buttons didn't show up until I checked in the default browser where they now reside at the top left of the page. No evidence of them in the BV page though.

Comment

Hi, I think you have it but just to make sure ...

the code you receive from paypal gets inserted into a html box ..

you insert a html box by going insert, advanced, html - this will place the grey box onto your blue voda page, you double click this and then insert the html code you have been given - you then will have to play around in preview to get this box the size and the place you want it on your page ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for that. I am still none the wiser to my original question of how to go about removing the PP generated buttons that appear only in the browser, not the BV builder page? (these are the ones I originally cut and pasted the PP html code directly onto the BV page)

Comment

Okay, without seeing the page though we can only guess ... so I am thinking perhaps you have covered it over with another element you placed on the page, perhaps a shape, a header ?? and therefore you are not seeing it on your page in blue voda, only in preview ... or perhaps you put it into the page html by right clicking and pasting in the head or somewhere?? If you can gauge the approximate position as to where it is sitting in preview and then select all and see if you see anything in that spot, you might find it this way ... and if all else fails, you might find it necessary to rebuild the page, if that is easier .. starting new and without this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Eye. Did what you recommended prior to posting my original message but no avail. Next step is probably as you suggested: "re-build it, they will go!

Cheers,

Dood

Comment

I understand this thread has long since ended, but I thought if I replied to this further, it might help someone like me looking back through the questions to solve their mystery. I am new and had the exact problems with the paypal "add to cart" button (from the paypal site, not BV) not showing up on the builder page. When I created the button in paypal, I copied the html code and right clicked on the text of the item I was offering and then clicked on "properties" and pasted the html code into that box's area. It showed up when I did the default preview but no where else, not on the builder page. And it took a lot of time to position it into the place I wanted it to be. I figured there had to be a way that a button would show up on the builder page, so I started looking in the forum. The reply to insert an html box was perfect. (I didn't know how to do that.) I have now gone back and right clicked my text again and then "properties" and deleted the text in the bottom of the box so the blue text in the top would go away. Now I am remaking all the buttons and pasting the html code from paypal into the html box I got from following the directions from Lady Eye and it has worked perfectly. I now have an "add to cart" button on the builder page. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X