contact problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact problem

my domain name is paintedfinishesdesign.com and I cannot get my contacts page to work. I have followed the instructions in the tutorial. I keep getting this message:
    Not Found

The requested URL /action.pnp was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.paintedfinishesdesign.com Port.

Also I noticed in my BlueFTP directory I have one action.bvp icon with the voda shield and I have also an action.php icon which is a broderbond file (I created it trying to make sure my action page is .php) Please advise.

Re: contact problem

am I supposed to add "hidden Fields" to my contact form?

also, here is the php I have pasted in the "beginning of body" section of my action (thank you) page's html.

<?PHP
    $mailto = "theastralplane****.com";
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
    if ($email == "") {
    $email = $mailto;
    }
    $mailsubj = "paint";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    if ($key!="submit")
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    ?>

Thank you for any help.

Comment

I must admit I struggle with contact forms but I think I see your problem and i tested your contact us form and got the same message.

The requested URL /action.pnp was not found on this server.

I am pretty sure your action page should be action.php and not action.pnp

Go to your action page, in an empty space, right click page properties, and change file extension to php. Save your page as action, then publish

I'm no expert but that file extension don't look right and hopefully some one else might jump in

Darren

Comment

The problem is well spotted by DCOFFICESERVICES however it is the form action that needs to be dited and not the page extension in properties.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much for that! I would have never caught that. How long does it usually take for the info to come to my email? It still hasn't come, should I be nervous?

And Thank You both, again!

Comment

Emails are almost instant. In cases of heavy traffic, it might take some minutes.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X