Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crwaling question

Hello

I really would apreciate some feed back on this subject.

I have had a high ranking site for sometime now and over the past few weeks a rapid decline has happend.

Looking at my stats both yahoo and google bots last visited 15 of january and usually a few time a day.

I have used google tools and my last successfull googlt bot download was Augest 27th 2007

"Google tools" stated some of the reasons why we ant crawl your site and this is what they said.

We encountered a network error when we tried to access the page.
    This can happen when Googlebot encounters a time-out or other network related issue when requesting a file from your site, and thus is forced to abandon the request. This can be caused by one or more of the following:
    • Excessive page load times due to dynamic pages taking too long to respond
    • Excessive page load times due to a site's hosting server being down, overloaded, or misconfigured
    • The hosting server is blocking Google's web crawler
    • A DNS configuration issue.

Can someone make sense of this and what could be the causes.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    www.witguides.com

Re: Crwaling question

Is this a new site? Perhaps there was a high amount of traffic the day they hit and they couldnt get something to load, the server may have been resetting the moment google hit, or it was a new domain or a moved domain and hadnt fully propogated yet.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X