Google couldnt find my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google couldnt find my site

I have had the same problem im reading in many of these posts.

I have been on the first page of goggle for a very long time using the search term soy candles. Sometimes i was #8, sometimes 9 or 10, sometimes id even get bumped to page 2. No biggie, i can play the game.

In the last 2 weeks something is very wrong. All of a sudden google couldnt find my sitemap, resubmitted. Then they couldnt find my site at all! In addition i starting finding other domains tyed to mine that i had nothing to do with.. top.candlesmadefromsoy.com gel-gel-gel.candlesmadefromsoy.com where did those come from???? many others.

The main problem is, im no where to be found for this keyword any longer. 85% of my hits came from this keyword and while i have since been able to get google to accept my new site map ~ Im afraid i wont get my rank back and sales are already sufffering.

If anyone can perhaps suggest why, or give me tips to return the status.. i would appreciate.

I wont speculate what happened, i just have to start the damage control.

my domain name is candlesmadefromsoy

thank you.

Re: Google couldnt find my site

When I click those subdomain pages you referenced, I get site NOT found, so if you had them at one time.. they are gone now. Check in your cpanel that you didnt create these subdomain, or whomever you had install that builder or design it for you didnt have access and make those pages for you for some.. SEO reason.

Also the link to your designer takes the viewer OFF the homepage never to return. You need to fix it to a new window link.

Next the text version of your sitemap is spammy. If you are going to use a text version, then you need to go fix what those links say, nearly every one says the same thing in a section, so even if the customer used it.. they wouldnt know the difference in what they clicked, and google could be penalizing you for spam for it.

Next place you are being penalized is incorrect use of your meta tags in keywords and descriptions. Youve stuffed them full of strings of keywords that are not really KEYWORDS. Your description needs to be a few SHORT sentences like an ad for your site, and keywords per page should be targeted to four or five MAIN keyword phrases that are found on that page only. Each page should have its OWN description and ITS own targeted keywords. Words like wholesale etc should only be on the wholesale page, and every product on that page should NOT be listed as a keyword. Google definitely uses the description tag, and.. if you spam the keyword tag, it will penalize you for it. Thats the number one reason google quit responding to the keyword tag as its primary means of the page descriptors and assigning rank or value to the page based on it. Its called abuse.

Whats happened is that is just caught up to you when google changed its algorythm recently, and its been warning for some time that it would happen.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Google couldnt find my site

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      When I click those subdomain pages you referenced, I get site NOT found, so if you had them at one time.. they are gone now. Check in your cpanel that you didnt create these subdomain, or whomever you had install that builder or design it for you didnt have access and make those pages for you for some.. SEO reason.

Also the link to your designer takes the viewer OFF the homepage never to return. You need to fix it to a new window link.

Next the text version of your sitemap is spammy. If you are going to use a text version, then you need to go fix what those links say, nearly every one says the same thing in a section, so even if the customer used it.. they wouldnt know the difference in what they clicked, and google could be penalizing you for spam for it.

Next place you are being penalized is incorrect use of your meta tags in keywords and descriptions. Youve stuffed them full of strings of keywords that are not really KEYWORDS. Your description needs to be a few SHORT sentences like an ad for your site, and keywords per page should be targeted to four or five MAIN keyword phrases that are found on that page only. Each page should have its OWN description and ITS own targeted keywords. Words like wholesale etc should only be on the wholesale page, and every product on that page should NOT be listed as a keyword. Google definitely uses the description tag, and.. if you spam the keyword tag, it will penalize you for it. Thats the number one reason google quit responding to the keyword tag as its primary means of the page descriptors and assigning rank or value to the page based on it. Its called abuse.

Whats happened is that is just caught up to you when google changed its algorythm recently, and its been warning for some time that it would happen.

Karen
      Thanks for pointing those issues out Karen, I will certainly address them!

Actually i wasnt penalized... google and yahoo werent recognizing my site map or finding my site for some unknown reason. after contacting the host and resubmitting sitemaps Im magically right back where i was.

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X