placing images within table cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• placing images within table cell

Help...just started working with bluevoda. How do I "attach" an image inside a table cell and make it stick? It looks great in Blue voda, but in my browser , the images move around.

the page I'm having problems with is www.sharisunibou.com/handbags.html

Thanks

Re: making images stick within table

I've made the cells bigger to accommodate the images, but not sure if they position properly in different browsers.

I really need some feedback here. There must be an easier way to add pictures to a table cell and make sure it stays there.

any ideas?

Comment

Re: placing images within table cell

You can not add images inside table cells.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thank you for replying...
        So is there another way to position the image next to a cell of text? Have I done it wrong here? Sorry about these stupid questions!

Comment

Shari

I don't see that anything is out of place in your table. Did you fix the problem??

What's got me confused, is why your signature link in post#4 doesn't work, but the others, in this thread do!! lol!

Comment

Thanks, I compensated by making the rows deeper, but I'm still puzzled as to how you can affix the graphic to the table. I guess you can't...

Maybe I need a better design. I need to add rows (eg. insert rows) with pics to the top of the page. This is a pain the way it's setup.

Any suggestions?

Comment

If you have to insert new items at various locations; I would get rid of the table and just use something like the rectangle w/rounded corners "shape". Add a nice thick "hot pink" border and there you go!

Now, when you need to add an item, just drag a "select box" around all the items that you need to move down and move. (click & hold to drag...but before you move, notice the "x" number down in the bottom right of the BV window.)

After you have moved those down to where you want them, (be sure to slide them sideways so that the "x" number exactly matches where it was when you started! That insures that they are still in line with the rest of the items!

Select & copy one of the rectangles (only!), and paste it onto the page. (It will paste onto the exact location as the one you copied! So, just move it up to new location and insert the new items.

There may be fancier ways to do this but, sorry....I haven't learned any yet!

Comment

Thanks, that's great. I'll try it today!

Comment

FINALLY! It was really bugging me why your link in post #4 didn't work but your other's did! I must have looked at that link 20 times and didn't see the problem! You forgot the (.com)!! LOL

Comment

oops! sorry about that...I'll post a reply once I've revamped the site. Thank you for your help.

Shari

Comment

Just one other observation.....I'm not familiar with your type of business, of course; but wouldn't it be easier for your customers if you had, let's say, a PayPal "Buy Now' button? Think it would promote more sales?

Just curious!

Comment

Well thanks for that feedback, and since you brought it up, I'm guessing you know about how much that costs and how to go about doing that?

Any info would be appreciated.
                        Shari

Comment

Go here, you can read all about it.

Also, just search for PayPal in this forum. There's lots of discussions on paypal here.

Comment

Working...
                          X