Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website....Your opinions

Hi all,

This is only the 2nd website I have designed and would greatly appreciate your opinions.

Please be as honest as you can, as this can only help.

www.forbestraining.co.uk

Look forward to your comments.

Craig

Re: New Website....Your opinions

Hi Craig

Nice looking site, pages load quickly, easy to navigate. Nice Job

Darren

Comment

Hi Craig,

I think its a nice start as well. I like the colour scheme. I think you want to center your pages. Do this by right clicking a blank part of the page you have open in Blue Voda. Click the box that says 'center in page'. That's it. Do it for every page.

I don't recognize your font but I don't think it is a web friendly one. In your logo it's ok because it is an image and will be seen the same by all. But your text throughout the page will appear as plain black text to many visitors and you won't have the result you want if it is not web friendly.
      Just google web friendly fonts to check it out unless you already know...

You will probably find your mail box filling up with spam, Craig. This is why many of us only show our email addys and don't make them active. Also they don't work for everyone anyways. It's a shame... in a perfect world...

Good effort and good luck!
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

This site is easy to navigate but I found it difficult to read the fancy text. Perhaps you would consider Times New Roman or Arial just to make it easier to read and use the fancy text to highlight certain attributes you have to offer. And it loads fast. Good job.

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

Thank You all for your comments, I will rethink the font used and post again once this has been published.

Craig

Comment

Nice job--concise and to the point, easy to navigate.
            Amy

Comment

Craig,
              Nice job. I agree with the comments on the fancy text. I would also add that the size is a little small for the home page. Most people will move on if the text is small and they have to make any effort to read it. Too bad people are soo lazy, but with the fast moving technology age it's hurry hurry.
              Good job though!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thank You again for your comments, please follow the link below to see that latest version, again all comments are welcome!!

www.forbestraining.co.uk

Craig

Comment

Excellent, well laid out and presented, easy navigation, nice colours.

You must page title your pages better though. Forbes Training is unlikely to be a phrase searched for, so what about 'Child Care NVQ' this would be far more appropriate and place you higher up in that search result.

Keywords: You MUST only have keywords in your meta data that is also on the page you are keywording. I have seen in your case you have put keywords in relating to your business but some of these words are not on your page.

Also take a few away, you have far too many. Three or four tops is sufficient.

I feel this is goping to be very sucessful for you though once you have your optimisation up to scratch.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for the advice, I will have a look into this.

Anymore comments people, good or bad!!

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig,

Looking good. I'd love to see you at a length equal to the length of the rest of the site.

Now for something petty... Have a look at the alignment of different sections (the main text "Who is the... etc" sticks out further to the left, than the right edge of your pic when looking at your top nav bars.

Cheers,
                      Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                      Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                      Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                      BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi Craig, one of the first things I look for is where the courses are offered and I saw Rugby thinking the courses had something to do with football. Then I wanted to know where Rugby is and I'm still not sure... I can see that the fees are using 'pounds' so I'm assuming it's in Britain somewhere. I'm more content focussed than layout.. which I think is fine. Personally I'd like to know what the abbreviations stand for as well...... love the color of the pages!
                        www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                        the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Craig

First I enjoyed the page transitioning. While some times this can be a distraction, I think it works here. You are working in a training and development environment and there is some expectation of using eye grabbing techniques.

I like the page on course development. It was nice to see training listed in something other than just using another list format.

Also, you are right on target with putting the accrediation on the home site. People will want to know and its increases your crediability

I was thinking do you have any testimonies or quotes you could add. Testimonies bring credence to your services. Quotes whether customer or about training/education helps with breaking the page. I would only do one or two quotes to help maybe as a pitch. The testimony page could be built later, but if you have great testimonials, use them.

The colors are good. Violets/purples are very user friendly. Also, the banner with the child icon brought home this was going to be a site about children. Nicely done.

I think some of the fonts may be a little light, i.e., link fonts, when compared to the link backgrounds. A little more contrast might work better.

I am not sure the graphic on the contact page is the best graphic. I think something cuter, i.e., a child calling on the phone.. can help link your services with the contact page a little better.

Just my thoughts. Tina

Comment

Working...
                          X