Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Website: Constructive Criticism Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Website: Constructive Criticism Welcome!

I still have a long list of adjustments I want to make to the site, but am curious how it presents itself so far. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated because I have a lot to learn.

808dinah
    www.muttmakeovers.com

Re: First Website: Constructive Criticism Welcome!

Hi, you did a wonderful job. Easy navigation, concise layout, good prices. I can't imagine what else you think you need to do? I predict you will be very successful. Excellent job!

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

Hi... I love your site, especially your makeover page. Very clever. Both your Q&A and About Us pages are titled 'comments' You might want to address that. On your Q&A page your first 'price list' link is not working.
      But I love the simplicity and functionality of your site. A very pleasant experience.
      Best of luck!
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thank you so much Sedona for the kind comments. I will fix the missing pricelist link right away, and maybe you can help me with another problem I haven't been able to solve. Some of my clickable links (like Price List, my email address, and the "Vodahost" at the bottom) are showing as different colors (purple, beige, red, etc) and I want them to be blue until clicked and then turn purple. I've followed instructions and gone into link style but am confused by the choices: Link (blue), visited link (purple), active link (red), and hover link (blue) I want them blue, so I've been choosing "Link" but it is not "taking" even though I click the Add button. I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but I'm not getting it. Any suggestions?

808dinah
        www.muttmakeovers.com

Comment

Hi,
          The way I set my link color choices is at the very beginning in page properties, if you know how to do this. Each choice is clickable and you can choose even custom colours. If you wanted it to stay blue regardless of activity just click nothing but blue, for instance.That having been said, I have had trouble in the past with text links not cooperating with color changes, presumably because of ghosting, in which case I have rebuilt the page with new text (not copy and paste). Hope this helps.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

I think your site is very impressive - you did a great job. What a great idea.

Originally posted by 808dinah View Post
            I still have a long list of adjustments I want to make to the site, but am curious how it presents itself so far. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated because I have a lot to learn.

808dinah
            www.muttmakeovers.com

Comment

You have done a great job! I noticed that your (About Us) page is named "Mutt Makeovers Comments", and your (Comments) page is named "Mutt Makeover Comments" . Not a big thing but some one might be confused.
              Good luck and your pics are great!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

That site brought tears to my eyes...you seem to be such a pet lover! The before and after page is truly amazing..you can almost see the pride restored in the doggies! Good for you!

at the bottom of your price page, the extras overflow the box on Foxfire not sure how it looks on explorer.

Comment

Wow, I love your site--very easy to navigate, uncrowded--you really get a sense that you love what you are doing! And I am envious you are back in Hawaii :)

I did notice that the FAQ page was crowded at the bottom, probably just needs to have the page size lengthened and items pulled down a little.

Such a great job! Any thoughts for a second site? :)
                  Amy

Comment

Very nice. Love the blue and brown colours and love the name - muttmakeovers is great!

(I might add a little more text on your homepage - just to add in some keywords & phrases for dog grooming etc :) )

Sunchaser

Comment

I was just looking - I think I dreamed about your site the other night - how cute would it be if your navigation buttons were paw prints? Keep the brown color, but make them paws with the words on them?

Just an idea -
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Great site!

I hav to agree with Bethers. Having the buttons be paw prints would add a nice touch.
                        Darc

sigpic
                        www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Comment

The text overlaps the pics on this page on my p.c

Also found the text a little blurred at the bottom of this page.

Very good start though for your first site.

Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Wow, thank you everyone for the compliments and especially the great advice. I was worried the lower text would not show up on all computers because it sat on the very bottom edge of my own screen. But I can easily fix that, and I will address the other problems as well. And thanks Suncatcher, for the advice about adding more keyword text to the index; I will do that too. Bethers, I was telling my daughter Michelle when I showed her all the posts, that you are my "Go to" person because your answers are always easy for me to understand. And just so you know, Michelle had asked from the beginning if I could make the buttons like little pawprints! I told her I would try, but then I couldn't come up with any clip art that was transparent. I spent hours researching how to do that, but finally abandoned the idea thinking I will get back to that later... I also downloaded a sound byte (.wav) of a dog bark that I thought would be cute to add to the menu button mouseovers, but have not figured out how to incorporate that effect.... Any advice out there?
                            Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much)
                            808dinah
                            www.muttmakeovers.com

Comment

Nice site, you need to check your pages though as there is a lot of overlapping text.

Maybe it's an American thing but I prefer the before pictures to the after ones on all but one of your gallery images.

I guess I just like my dog to look like a dog. Sorry
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X