X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount Wood Blinds

Ok, this one is a bit of a joint effort:

I wish to thank the following:

Karen Mac for just putting up with 300 questions on how to put the site together.

I also wish to thank George (Naval) for constructing a fantastic shopping cart system as we couldn't find any that would work to the client's requirements.

George put up with a lot of messing about from me but stuck with it to produce an excellent payment system for my client.

Ok, here it is... www.discountwoodblinds.co.uk

Please feel to make any comments about the site. I welcome good and bad.

Thanks
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Discount Wood Blinds

OK, you're an expert so you get hyper-criticism!

The text is too dark, it doesn't stand out, making it difficult to read.

What is the pupose of second 'Discount Wood Blinds' underneath the banner? It looks out of place. Wouldn't the credit card items look better next to the horizontal menu? Then you could do away with the blank space underneath the main header.

On the home page, I cannot stop myself from hovering over the four headings, looking for a link. Presumably Joe Punter would be doing the same? Could they be made in to links?

The photos aren't very exciting. Could they be enhanced in some way? Borders perhaps or some sort of shadow/3D effect?

You've given 'off' a capital 'o' twice and 'shop' a capital 's'.

There are no FAQ's - should there be?

An 'about us' page would be good, it affords the visitor to feel a bit of security about the people he is ordering from.

Having said all that - good job!

Comment

I Ramsey, I love the banner first and foremost and as usual looks smart and easy to navigate. It must have been hard work to put all that together. I realy like it very good job.

I did notic a few minor things change what you wish, just a few tiny things that I thought I would bring to your attention;

Firstly on this page http://www.discountwoodblinds.co.uk/...ent_guide.html

You have a far bigger gap at the bottom of the page to the others, don't know if you are thinking of adding something later, it just seems far bigger than any other page.

On the contact page, this really confused me. The site is for Discount wood blinds, but the contact page has 'Changing curtains shop' and the address for this shop. I presume they are the same, but I would be very conused if thinking of visiting the shop, in fact I would have to ring to check its the same firm. I know you have this on your FAQ page

In our shop www.changingcurtains.co.uk we sell these blinds for RRP plus measuring and fitting if required.

The url is not linked by the way, as I think it should be. But I am still confused about where to go for the wood blinds. It maybe fully explained on the FAQ, but not everyone reads them. Just find this very confusing.

Lastly you may want to change this as it does have a lot of 'OR's and does not read to well.

How do I contact you?

Easiest first email, or telephone, or snail-mail, or in the shop - see contact-us page for details.

Maybe something like

You can contact us by email, telephone, snail mail or just pop in and see us in our shop. Visit the Contact us page for more details.

You would also be better to hyperink the 'Contact Us'

Just a few things there Ramsey, up to you if you wish to change anything.

But again an A1 job, very good.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post

Throughout? Or in a specific place? Not sure I follow this one.

What is the pupose of second 'Discount Wood Blinds' underneath the banner? It looks out of place. Wouldn't the credit card items look better next to the horizontal menu? Then you could do away with the blank space underneath the main header.

Client's orders... What can one do LOL?

On the home page, I cannot stop myself from hovering over the four headings, looking for a link. Presumably Joe Punter would be doing the same? Could they be made in to links?

hmm.. I see what you mean, still thinking about what to do here, will consider

The photos aren't very exciting. Could they be enhanced in some way? Borders perhaps or some sort of shadow/3D effect?

I have already spoken with the client, this is the best I am going to get for now, he is looking into providing better photos for me. Unfortunately I can only work with what I am given, but agree here with you.

Sorted, thank you

Yes they are there, on the top link bar 'FAQ'

An 'about us' page would be good, it affords the visitor to feel a bit of security about the people he is ordering from.

Client didn't want

Thank you
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Comment

My post was lost in between Ramsey, just in case you missed it. SEE ABOVE

One thing I forgot to put in was minor, but on the terms and conditions page you have a gap here under the headline and then not in the other, all through the page this happens it would be better all the same.

Placing Your Order.

You must place your order online to qualify for any discounted prices as stated on the website

Changes, Cancellations and Refunds.
            All our blinds are cut to your measurements and so cancelling an order must be done prior to your order being processed. When ordering products from the

Hope you understood that point

Paul

I certainly did not find the text too dark by the way.
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
              I Ramsey, I love the banner first and foremost and as usual looks smart and easy to navigate. It must have been hard work to put all that together. I realy like it very good job.

Thank you

I did notic a few minor things change what you wish, just a few tiny things that I thought I would bring to your attention;

Firstly on this page http://www.discountwoodblinds.co.uk/...ent_guide.html

You have a far bigger gap at the bottom of the page to the others, don't know if you are thinking of adding something later, it just seems far bigger than any other page.

Fixed Thank you for noticing

On the contact page, this really confused me. The site is for Discount wood blinds, but the contact page has 'Changing curtains shop' and the address for this shop. I presume they are the same, but I would be very conused if thinking of visiting the shop, in fact I would have to ring to check its the same firm. I know you have this on your FAQ page

Once again, I agree but client's requirements!

In our shop www.changingcurtains.co.uk we sell these blinds for RRP plus measuring and fitting if required.

The url is not linked by the way, as I think it should be.

Fixed Thank you

But I am still confused about where to go for the wood blinds. It maybe fully explained on the FAQ, but not everyone reads them. Just find this very confusing.

hmm, you have me confused now too lol

Lastly you may want to change this as it does have a lot of 'OR's and does not read to well.

How do I contact you?

Easiest first email, or telephone, or snail-mail, or in the shop - see contact-us page for details.

Maybe something like

You can contact us by email, telephone, snail mail or just pop in and see us in our shop. Visit the Contact us page for more details.

Thank you, I just stole your words and changed it over

You would also be better to hyperink the 'Contact Us'

Done

Just a few things there Ramsey, up to you if you wish to change anything.

But again an A1 job, very good.

Paul
              Cheers Paul

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
                My post was lost in between Ramsey, just in case you missed it. SEE ABOVE

One thing I forgot to put in was minor, but on the terms and conditions page you have a gap here under the headline and then not in the other, all through the page this happens it would be better all the same.

Placing Your Order.

You must place your order online to qualify for any discounted prices as stated on the website

Changes, Cancellations and Refunds.
                All our blinds are cut to your measurements and so cancelling an order must be done prior to your order being processed. When ordering products from the

Hope you understood that point

Paul

I certainly did not find the text too dark by the way.
                Thanks again Paul, fixed now.

Comment

Hi, lol, i can nearly see this shop from where i live. Havnt read all the posts, so sorry if its repeated.
                  This part (
                  Blind price for required slat size, width and drop, is:) wasn't filling in with the price? But maybe the prices are not finalized as yet.
                  Only getting real picky on this part, but felt like it could of all been compressed a bit more & for any extra info being provided by a mouse over pop up.
                  On the gallery page, the quality of the thumbnail images are not showing the blinds off to there best. Unfortunately blinds are like tiled house roof images & distort very easily when reduced in this way. The page is well over 2meg & could easily be a quick 4 to 500kb & faster loading.
                  An order free samples might be a nice idea as well.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    Hi, lol, i can nearly see this shop from where i live. Havnt read all the posts, so sorry if its repeated.
                    This part (Blind price for required slat size, width and drop, is:) wasn't filling in with the price? But maybe the prices are not finalized as yet.
                    Only getting real picky on this part, but felt like it could of all been compressed a bit more & for any extra info being provided by a mouse over pop up.
                    On the gallery page, the quality of the thumbnail images are not showing the blinds off to there best. Unfortunately blinds are like tiled house roof images & distort very easily when reduced in this way. The page is well over 2meg & could easily be a quick 4 to 500kb & faster loading.
                    An order free samples might be a nice idea as well.

Good luck.

Hi Chris, go and pick up my money for the job would you?

You may have entered sizes that are not available if you got no price. Minimum width is 29cm I believe it says this next to where you enter it.

As for the images can you explain to me exactly how I get the gallery page size down? In laymans terms mate please?

Comment

Hi, using the BV light box it wont happen, because you are stuck with the thumbnails being the same in kbs as the main image. You can use other light boxes. This is one i was messing with http://www.webbiesite.com/Lightbox_album.php But like most things, it is more work than the BV light box.
                      Your images at 150'ish are ok as a single popup from a 10 t0 20 kb thumbnail. But each thumbnail is 150 kb X 16 will bog down the page quite a bit.
                      Send me the BV page over & i will have a look if you want. Will send you my email via your site.

Cheers.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

Comment

Hi,

Nice site, like the colors and layout. shopping cart looks great and works nice. sorry didn't place and order.

good luck,

Jolen
                          sigpic
                          www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Hi,

Nice site, like the colors and layout. shopping cart looks great and works nice. sorry didn't place and order.

good luck,

Jolen
                            sigpic
                            www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Thanks Jolen, appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X